3:11 PM
HAPPY 7TH BIRTHDAY TO THE BEST-EST NEPHEW EVER!


So today is definitely my only nephew's 7th birthday. I can't believe he's so big already!! I remember being in 7th grade when he was born, and getting to take a day off of school to go visit him in the hospital... and then I was too afraid to hold him. =)
On Monday before we came back to Manhattan, I took him out for his birthday. We went to Target and got him a couple shirts and some Pokemon cards, and then went to McDonalds for dinner, and finally a coffee shop to get mocha's for both of us (his was decaf, of course.) I hadn't been out with just him in a long time, and it was good to be able to talk to him. My two favorite parts from our conversation...
"Man, you're going to be seven. You're getting old. And you're getting tall!"
"I know! Soon I'll be taller than you."
"We'll see about that... you too old to hold your aunt's hand?"
"*laughs* of course not!" And then he held my hand. =)
And then..
"I love you buddy."
"I love you".
He's truly a great kid. He's going to turn into a great man. So happy birthday Gage Attley!! I love you!
love


So today is definitely my only nephew's 7th birthday. I can't believe he's so big already!! I remember being in 7th grade when he was born, and getting to take a day off of school to go visit him in the hospital... and then I was too afraid to hold him. =)
On Monday before we came back to Manhattan, I took him out for his birthday. We went to Target and got him a couple shirts and some Pokemon cards, and then went to McDonalds for dinner, and finally a coffee shop to get mocha's for both of us (his was decaf, of course.) I hadn't been out with just him in a long time, and it was good to be able to talk to him. My two favorite parts from our conversation...
"Man, you're going to be seven. You're getting old. And you're getting tall!"
"I know! Soon I'll be taller than you."
"We'll see about that... you too old to hold your aunt's hand?"
"*laughs* of course not!" And then he held my hand. =)
And then..
"I love you buddy."
"I love you".
He's truly a great kid. He's going to turn into a great man. So happy birthday Gage Attley!! I love you!
love
1 lovely replies