Lots of geek-ness in one post...

4:46 PM

"You sound so innocent, all full of good intent. Swear you know best. But you expect me to jump up on board with you, ride off into your delusional sunset."
-"King of Anything" by Sara Bareilles

This song... her new one... is my summer jam. Recently I could be found driving with my windows down, this song blaring, jamming out. The lyrics don't really apply, but it's a darn good song. Very danceable. Her new CD, Kaleidoscope Heart comes out September 7th, and I'm crazy excited. Then Anberlin's new CD, Dark is the Way, Light is a Place, comes out September 21st. Those two will be a nice interlude to the getting back into the insane-ness that is my fall class schedule.

Today, I dragged Michael out of bed at 9 am (you woulda thought it was 6 am by the way he was acting) to go out to Tuttle Creek Lake because it's pretty much just down the street and we've never been there, and I wanted to take some pictures. The lake turned out to be a lot closer, and bigger, than I thought. We found an observation point and parked to check it all out. You could see the dam and the lake, and then of course, the flint hills in the background. It was gorgeous.

And, of course, I forgot to put the memory card back in the camera.

...fail.

But it was still great to see it all, and I'll be sure to go back out there and get pictures soon. In the meantime, a few pictures from the past few weeks...

A picture of a sunset on the drive back to Manhattan... We won't talk about how I took it. ;)

Photobucket


And, during the 4th of July, my geekiness showed itself. As soon as I took this picture I turned to Michael and said, "It's helical!" And I got laughed at.

Photobucket

And when I look at this picture, all I can think of (well, besides "I need a tripod"...) is that this looks like something I'd find under a microscope.

Photobucket

Thank you, biochemistry.

The pictures of the fountains all came out better than the big fireworks.

Photobucket

I don't think anybody watches So You Think You Can Dance... but I can't help but talk about it. This week was pretty intense. (Possible spoilers if you haven't watched...) My two favorites danced a beautiful contemporary piece...
We won't talk about how many times I've watched the dance. ... But yeah. I think I'll probably go watch it again. They had incredible chemistry, and like one of the judges said, it felt like I was intruding by watching it, it was that intimate. The 13-year-old fangirl in me was squeeing a lot. But then, yesterday one of the best dancers this season, Alex, was booted off because on Tuesday during rehearsal he lacerated his Achilles tendon (ouuuuuch). It was very sad to see him go, and even more sad to see how sad the rest of the contestants were to see him go. Oh goodness. The curse of Top 8.

Okay. I'm done.

Tomorrow, it's back to Wichita for almost a week. My (21st) birthday is on Tuesday, and so we're going back to hang out with my family, see friends, have trumpet lessons..

(Obviously, that's Michael's, not mine.)

I'll try to give an update when I'm there, there's bound to be some down time... right?? mm. We'll see. :) 

I hope everyone has a great weekend!!!


You Might Also Like

3 lovely replies