A menagerie of nothing...

12:22 PM

"Lead me with strong hands, stand up when I can't. Don't leave me hungry for love, chasing dreams. But what about us? Show me you're willing to fight, that I'm still the love of your life. I know we call this our home but I still feel alone."
-"Lead Me" by Sanctus Real

I'm in love with this song. It's beautiful and awesome, and if you haven't listened to it, you should. Here's a link to them performing it live at Air 1.

I was going to use the word menagerie in my title until I read that it's a "live collection of animals"... Whoops.

Speaking of music, this past week on So You Think You Can Dance, the musical guest was a new singer/songwriter whose song they used a few weeks back for a dance. I'm a huge fan of lots of music, (especially anything piano/orchestral) but she also had two people dance along with her singing. Beautiful. All the videos I can find can't be embedded... so here's a link. Last one for this post, really.

As usual, I got all sorts of great pictures when I went back to Wichita for my birthday. So here's a large number of pictures...

Gage made himself a shirt for my birthday... It said Happy Birthday and Go K-State. When'd he get so big?!
Photobucket

This was my Grandma Seals' favorite flower... and this one just happened to bloom the morning of my birthday. =)
Photobucket

One night I headed out to take pictures of some of the storm clouds that were off to the south, plus a beautiful sunset... That only got more beautiful once I decided to leave.
Photobucket

Photobucket

I went with Beth and the kids to the pool one day... How adorable is this kid?!
Photobucket

Photobucket

Finally, on the drive home, I stopped to take pictures of a sunflower field.
Photobucket

I have about four billion other pictures, but I think that's probably enough for now.

My birthday day itself was pretty low key. My mom and dad made me lunch, Michael and I went shopping and got dinner, then we went to my big sister's house. She, me, Michael, my brother Craig, and sister-in-law Anastasia, all went out for a couple drinks. I'm not much of a partier, so it was perfect. I loved it. Perfect 21st birthday.

Except I didn't get carded. Oh well.

This weekend, Michael and I went and saw Despicable Me on Saturday. Oh. My. Goodness. It was adorable. This... was my favorite part...


Photobucket

It still makes me laugh, and I've been quoting it since Saturday.

Yesterday we had another couple over, and Michael grilled steaks. Mmmm. Then we went and saw Inception. It was pretty amazing. Definitely one you have to pay attention through, but what else would you expect from Christopher Nolan?? Probably one of my favorites. 

Today and tomorrow I'll be trying to baby-proof the apartment. (Unsuccessfully) Because Beth and Garrett are coming to visit!! I finally bugged Beth enough to come up here, and I'm excited. So I'm off to clean!

Hope everyone has a great Monday!


You Might Also Like

3 lovely replies