Birthdays & Lazy Weekends

2:50 PM

"The author of my hope is writing the greatest story ever told."
-"Greatest Story Ever Told" by Five Iron Frenzy
Back to posting song lyrics. It makes me happy. Happy happy.

The past week's been good. Minus the US losing last Saturday. The wedding we went to was beautiful and fun, between a guy we went to high school with, and a chemical engineer a couple years ahead of me. They're both going to grad school to get phd's... He's going to be a medical physicist, and she's going to be a biomedical engineer (I believe). Yet, they're both very strong in her faith, which is always a great thing to see.

But this week has just been work and being in slight disbelief that it's already July. And slightly freaking out about how much my textbooks are going to cost. Science books masked with math = expensive textbooks.

My big sister asked me to take pictures of Garrett this past weekend since he turns 1 on the 7th. (I'm not sure how this happened. I kept telling him to stop growing so fast.) But here are some of my favorites.




Isn't he adorable?! I love that little man. I also love his big siblings.


That one is a family favorite. Mainly because it shows personalities perfectly. At least, it shows Megan's. These kids are growing up too ridiculously quickly too. This is from when I went to visit them when they lived in Texas, summer of 2006.


I can barely believe it. 

Man. Look at how pale I am.
So overall, life is still uneventful. I had to open at work this morning... 6 am comes too early no matter what day of the week it is. But now we're having a lazy day at home. Well. I am. He's looking up a ridiculous amount of baseball, basketball and football cards in hopes of getting some money.

I really do mean a ridiculous amount though. Probably close to 1000.

It makes me tired just thinking about it.

Tomorrow we'll be laying low until heading to our friend's house for a BBQ party. I was hoping to get pictures of fireworks, but there's a pretty good chance of rain, in which case we'll eat lots of food, watch movies and play games. 

(I'm actually hoping we get rained out. I'm too much of a worry wart to enjoy too many fireworks.)

I'm hoping to give more exciting updates soon. Today I'm going to makeover my blog, so if it looks iffy for awhile... I apologize. 

I hope everyone has a great weekend, and have a good 4th!!


You Might Also Like

1 lovely replies