A week begins...
10:08 AM"That's the problem with the days, they're never long enough to say what it is you never said, all the books you never read. I throw myself into the wind, hoping someone might pick me up and carry me again."
"Pride & Joy" by Brandi Carlile
So I hope everyone had a great weekend! After a rocky start Friday night - Saturday around 6 pm, I had a great weekend as well. Friday night and most of Saturday I was working, and just getting a little fed up with work. Which, I know is normal, but for the most part, I enjoy my job. I've been there long enough now to know the equipment, the ratios to make every drink well, the people... but I had just about had it those two days. Thankfully, I'm feeling better now. Just too much time there, I think.
It also didn't help the my Wildcats lost on Saturday. I was pretty much expecting the city to shut down, and work to be slow... But it turned out I was pretty busy and could only watch snipets of the game. So it was very sad we lost... But it's awesome we got that far in the first place. Congrats to Butler on a great game!
Saturday night, Michael and I went to Spring Dance 2010 on campus. It's basically the dance majors (I think) who put on a show with various dances. My big sister is a dancer, so I've seen lots of it in my life. It's always good to watch dance, even if a lot of the time I'm thinking, "I bet Beth could do that better..." =) But really, there were 3 pieces in particular that were so great... I'd try to describe them, but I wouldn't be able to do them justice. Two of them were modern pieces, and the other was ballet, breakdancing and hip hop. All in one. It was intense.
After that let out, Mike and I went to eat at Houlihans, and restaurant my little sister swears by that we hadn't been to yet. The food turned out to be amazing and I know we'll be going back. After a quiet night the rest of Saturday, we spent Sunday lounging around, getting caught up on The Office and Modern Family. We also watched more of season 1 of Fringe, and the movie Brief Interviews With Hideous Men. I was a little disappointed by the movie, but it was still good. A little confusing, and I think I'd have to watch it again for it to make more sense. Not bad, though.
Then, of course, after a lazy, cuddly Sunday like that... I couldn't get out of bed this morning to make it to my first class. Thankfully I know I'm not missing anything in there, and my next class isn't until 12:30. (Biochem. Yayyyy.) So I'm going to get ahead on some homework and just relax for a couple more hours.
Although, I want to give a very special birthday shoutout to my mom and big sister.
Mom's birthday was on Saturday (52 years young!!), and Beth's is tomorrow (32 amazing years). (I'm sorry I shared your ages, but neither of you look remotely close to them, so there's nothing to be ashamed of!) I look up to both of these women, and they are very amazing. Always there to offer me words of advice and support, or laughter and great times. I couldn't have asked for a better mom or big sister.
I love both of you very, very much! I wish I could be there to celebrate with you, but I'll be back next weekend!
I've put off homework long enough, so I'm back to it!


3 lovely replies