It's all about the little things...

2:03 PM

"Man vs. himself. Man vs. machine. Man vs. the world. Mankind vs. me. The struggles go on, the wisdom I lack, the burdens keep piling up on my back. So hard to breathe, to take the next step. The mountain is high, I wait in the depths. Yearning for grace, and hoping for peace, Dear God, increase. Healing hands of God have mercy on our unclean souls once again. Jesus Christ, light of the world burning bright, within our hearts forever. Freedom means love without condition, without a beginning or an end. Here's my heart, let it be forever yours. Only You can make every new day seem so new."
"Every New Day" by Five Iron Frenzy

I've posted that lyric many times before. "Every New day is still one of my all time favorites. Probably always will be. Five Iron Frenzy is/was a Christian ska band. I know that's definitely not everybody's kind of music, but that is an amazing song... Written as a prayer. Their last CD was a live album from their very last concert, and that was always the last song they'd play... and that's the end of the song. I still get overwhelmed every time I listen to it. Their DVD comes out later this month (7 years after they broke up) and I'm pretty sure they're going to have concert footage of that song.

I'll probably be a wreck.

So it's finally Friday. Thankfully the week flew by. Last week is the last week before spring break... which is definitely much needed at this point. With school starting to bring me down... again... I thought I'd take time to think about the little things that make me happy...

I get to go back home next weekend with my little sister again, and we're going to babysit my nephew on Sunday so Beth and Phil can have a birthday dinner date.

It's finally warming up here in Kansas. When it starts to get warm and sunny around here, the smell is something that is probably hard to find anywhere else. Mainly it's the wind blowing in the air from the range burns, but I think it smells amazing. For those who don't know, range burns take place every spring here in Kansas. Farmers burn fields, especially in the flint hills, to make way for the new grass to start growing. It's so symbolic... having to completely destroy something to allow it to grow. And grow it does. Always.

This Pom-Mango smoothie I bought from Caribou Coffee.

When Michael showers at night, I wake up in the morning smelling like him. Throughout the day I sometimes catch wiffs of him... That always makes me smile.

Music.

The Office. Oh man. Last night's episode was an amazing combination of hilarious and adorable. I won't throw any spoilers out here, but it was a great episode.

Photography.


IMG_2208

(Sidenote - I shoot with a Canon Rebel xsi... Lately I haven't taken off my f/1.8 lens. I love it.)

Those were the things I could think of off the top of my head. But I feel better already.

What little things made you happy today?

You Might Also Like

5 lovely replies