Bargains, Breaks & Beatdowns

9:41 PM

"So I hope you travel safe. I hope you're cool, I hope you find your way... and I have made mistakes today."
-"Brooklyn" by Wakey!Wakey!

Wakey!Wakey! is a One Tree Hill find. The lead singer is the new bartender on the show. He was trained as a classical pianist, and it really shines through on this song. I love it.

As a broke, newlywed college student, I love bargains, and bargain shopping. When I get a good deal, I feel a sense of accomplishment and get really excited.

Because I'm easily amused like that.

Lately, I've found some great deals, and I'd though I'd share my joy/pass them along. First... I'm tall. 5'9" -ish... so I have really long legs, and finding jeans that fit is definitely a problem. Unless I want to pay over $100. (Which, I don't.) So when I find a pair of jeans that fit nicely, I tend to stock up if I can. I'd been in a bit of a dry spell (after falling in love with Silver jeans that were on clearance. It's hard to find them on clearance twice) I bought a pair of Bullhead jeans from PacSun. They're definitely my new favorite. They usually run between $30 & $50, which I'll spend if I'm in the right mood, but not usually. So when I saw they were having a sale on tons of jeans, I got excited. I got even more excited when they had my size, and then even more excited when I saw they were 50%  of $20. Oh snap. So I freaked out and bought the same style in two different colors. They came in the mail today, and they fit wonderfully.

I might have danced a little.

Then on Twitter yesterday, one of the savings places I follow said "Free Stainless Steel Travel Mug". I thought it'd be some crazy scam, but Gevalia coffee is doing a special where you get three free samples of coffee, and the stainless steel travel mug for $3. Free shipping. Shweet! I'm pretty excited about that one, too.

Anyone that knows me fairly well knows that I can obsess over TV shows. It was pretty bad when I was younger, now it's just... "oh man, she cares way too much about that show". The worst one is probably One Tree Hill. I swore off that show when it first came out when I was in junior high, but a couple of years ago I watched the 100th episode with some friends of mine, and ended up hooked. So now I'm all caught up, and I've decided I wanna be best friends with Bethany Joy Galeotti that I love seeing the actors just being themselves, and not the characters.

Well, since there aren't any more new episodes until the end of next month, they're posting one video per day through twitter. Right now they're filming in Park City, Utah, and I swear, you'd think they'd never seen snow before. The videos are pretty hilarious, but more than anything it's great to see the actors just be... normal people. I don't know why that fascinates me so much, but it does.

But for now, I'm off to ponder what research I would like to do on campus. I have to take part in a faculty member's research lab for a class, but none of the research interests me. I'm kind of at a loss for what to do. I'd much rather write a research paper, and that's saying something. What to do??

much love,
alex

You Might Also Like

1 lovely replies