10:20 PM

So this entry is going to be dedicated to a song I heard tonight that I'd forgotten about... It's from Superchick, and it's called Beauty From Pain. I'm going to go ahead and post all the lyrics....

The lights go out all around me
One last candle to keep out the night
And then the darkness surrounds me
I know I'm alive
But I feel like I've died

And all that's left is to accept that it's over
My dreams ran like sand through the fists that I made
I try to keep warm but I just grow colder
I feel like I'm slipping away

After all this has passed
I still will remain
After I've cried my last
There'll be beauty from pain
Though it won't be today
Someday I'll hope again
And there'll be beauty from pain
You will bring beauty from my pain

My whole world is the pain inside me
The best I can do is just get through the day
When life before is only a memory
I wonder why God let me walk through this place

And though I can't understand why this happened
I know that I will when I look back someday
And see how You've brought beauty from ashes
And made me as gold purified through these flames

Here and I am at the end of me (at the end of me)
Trying to hold to what I can't see
I forgot how to hope
This night's been so long
I cling to your promise there will be a dawn


So yeah... I remember first hearing this song right after I moved, and I brushed it off. But I've heard it again since then, and I love the lyrics. Moving halfway through high school was definitely one of the hardest things I've done in my life. I couldn't see then that God had a greater plan for me, but He definitely, definitely did. If I hadn't moved, I wouldn't have met some of the best friends I have now, or met Michael, or be in the same place I am as a person now. It's just amazing, especially looking back on the whole thing. I know it happened for a reason, and it is probably one of the best things that's ever happened to me.
Some days are harder than others, and I know it'll always be like that. I miss the people I was close to; who we were and what we all did. I had some amazing, amazing times in Olathe that I wouldn't change for the world. Ever. It's amazing to go back through the memories. I won't lie, it hurts sometimes, and there are times (though not as many anymore) when I wish that I could live there still. But I realize that I wouldn't be who I am now, and I probably would not be nearly as happy with life.
So if there are any of you going through a difficult time right now, just realize that it's all part of a bigger plan for you, and things will get better. "Everything will be okay in the end; if it's not okay, it's not the end." That's a quote I got from my junior english class, and it's become one of my favorites.
Keep trucking, looking ahead and learning.. it's what life is for.
love love love
alex

You Might Also Like

0 lovely replies