2 Years!
12:48 PM
Two whole years. The days are long, the years are short.
This will be the last "official update" post for Thad. Not like he's going to stop growing or being cute, but I need a stopping point. I'm printing all my pregnancy and monthly updates into a book for me. It's almost 100 pages. Whoops.
We're closing in on the end of the second winter. T man fared much better sickness wise this year. Michael and I weren't so lucky. Never-ending coughs, chest pain, sinus whatever. It's been ridiculous. Thad's had some coughing issues, but it's more asthma related, I think. I was hoping he'd avoid that, but there are worse things.
Things have been great. Thad's still becoming more and more independent. He would rather do things himself no matter what. It's resulted in a lot of him helping us do stuff, lots of messes, but that's okay. He's also doing much more in the learning of emotions department. He still doesn't throw full-out tantrums. But, if he gets frustrated, his angry face comes out, and he'll either hit or throw things. And then if he's too tired, he'll cry. And cry. And cry. We talk to him, try to label his emotions and explain why we're doing or not doing, and redirect. But sometimes we'll do timeout. Discipline is tough. I know part of the problem is he's still not talking a ton, and can't express himself.
He's moved to the 2's room at daycare, which I think will help with the talking. He moved up with a few other babies from the 1's room, which I'm thankful for. And for the most part seems to be doing great! He has his moments, but he's not crying all day like he did a few months ago, or when he moved to the 1's room. He's still shy, doesn't like loud noises, prefers to be with mom and dad, but he's doing awesome. He's not even using paci at all there. (!!!)
On a me and Michael note... Michael's still doing good with school, work is going well (and busy) for me. I moved from an associate level, to level 1, which is awesome. Excited about the work I'm doing. Michael is still balancing work/school/family better than I ever expected. It's a lot sometimes, for the both of us. But, in general, I feel so grateful for the opportunities both of us have. And the support from family and friends.
The last one...


- His doctor appointment isn't until tomorrow, and I'll come back and add in height and weight. Pretty sure he's about 29 pounds and 35 inches.
- Long torso... Mostly 3T shirts, 2T pants.
- Still eats way better at daycare than he does at home. Home is for sugar. Though I try not to give in to that.
- Sleep is much better. He sleeps through the night most nights, and is waking up after 6 most days now. Some nights he still wakes up at 2 or 3 and just wants to be awake, but it's rarer now.
- Just waiting on 2-year-old molars to come in. I'm not sure I'll know when they come in - he likes to chew on his jackets and his hands.
- I've seen every episode from the first 3 seasons of Paw Patrol several times.
- Great at taking lids off of things.
- Will stop anything he's doing to point out a ball. Or baby. Or doggy.
- Any time he sees a soccer or basketball jersey he says "Ball!"
- Loves looking at family pictures. Thankfully I have no shortage of those.
- Kinda potty training. They let him try every time they change diapers at daycare. He's peed on the potty at home a handful of times. And next to it a handful more.
- His smile and laugh are infectious.
- Took him to the barber for the first time. He cried the whole time she was cutting his hair.
- He still loves dancing.
- Has a "Happy Face", and a "Mad Face". You ask him to close his eyes and he just squints. It's hilarious.
- Can shoot a basket in his little hoop from 5 or 6 feet away. #baller
- Loves building with blocks
- New found love for choo choos.
- Is finally putting some phrases together. Love you is my favorite.
- Insists on saying by to his 1's room teachers before we leave each day.
- Cute. Smart. Ornery. All the things a 2-year-old should be.
Thanks to anyone who's read any of these posts the past few years (this blog has actually been in commission since 2007!). I'm sure I'll be back soon enough...





0 lovely replies