T2: Judgement Day (12 Weeks)
4:30 PMI'm baaaaaaaaaaack.
But first, an update on the three of us. Thad's the most interesting of all of us, so he goes last. =)
Life for me is pretty boring. I work, I get Thad from school, make dinner, hangout, sleep. Repeat. I've added in growing another baby but other than that life's same as usual.
Michael is on his last year of courses for his PhD, though he won't graduate until 2019. He has dissertation and internship years after this year. He's doing way more than a normal human should be able to handle and still function normally. Yet he still manages to make time for me and Thad. It's ridiculous, honestly. He's insane. But he's my insane person. And I love him.

Then, there's Thad. Every bit a 2.5-year-old. He's been healthy and (mostly) happy, and honestly, most of the time, a joy to parent. He still loves, loves, loves to help. Dishes, cooking, laundry, vacuuming (oh, vacuuming), sweeping... it's adorable. He's also very much into sports, baseball, soccer, and basketball being his top 3. He's past the hitting phase (for now) and prefers to just cry and collapse if things don't go his way. Or jump around. Those times it's hard to not laugh, sometimes he's just ridiculous. He's talking up a storm, and is doing great at daycare. He doesn't always mind well at home, but the teachers insist he's great there. We've gotten rid of paci, and are in the midst of potty training. He's still tall and even skinnier than he was. He loves pretending with his babies, and he's just recently started singing along to stuff. Still very much a creature of habit. Any change to his schedule throws him off. But he's better than he used to be. Basically, a joy.
Michael is on his last year of courses for his PhD, though he won't graduate until 2019. He has dissertation and internship years after this year. He's doing way more than a normal human should be able to handle and still function normally. Yet he still manages to make time for me and Thad. It's ridiculous, honestly. He's insane. But he's my insane person. And I love him.

Then, there's Thad. Every bit a 2.5-year-old. He's been healthy and (mostly) happy, and honestly, most of the time, a joy to parent. He still loves, loves, loves to help. Dishes, cooking, laundry, vacuuming (oh, vacuuming), sweeping... it's adorable. He's also very much into sports, baseball, soccer, and basketball being his top 3. He's past the hitting phase (for now) and prefers to just cry and collapse if things don't go his way. Or jump around. Those times it's hard to not laugh, sometimes he's just ridiculous. He's talking up a storm, and is doing great at daycare. He doesn't always mind well at home, but the teachers insist he's great there. We've gotten rid of paci, and are in the midst of potty training. He's still tall and even skinnier than he was. He loves pretending with his babies, and he's just recently started singing along to stuff. Still very much a creature of habit. Any change to his schedule throws him off. But he's better than he used to be. Basically, a joy.
So, for T2. So far, so good. Due March 17th! But planning on a repeat c-section so birthday will be a little before that. 2 appointments and a sonogram in and things seem to be as good as you can tell this far along. Things have been a little different than with Thad... with him I lost a lot of weight right away and didn't get over my initial weight until close to 20 weeks. This time I started underweight (about what I lost weight to last time) and have already gained a few pounds. Everything just feels different. It's weird. I was able to wean off my arthritis meds and things are going well in that regard.
Here's the "bump pic". Again, I'm still more bloat than bump but. Anyway.
How Far Along? 12 weeks and 1 day.
Symptoms: I'm basically eating all the time to fight the nausea. The fatigue isn't horrible, but I'm going to bed really early. Bloated. Like, look 5 months pregnant at the end of every day bloated.
Total Weight Gain/Loss: Up 2 pounds.
Sleep: Pretty unsettled. Fitbit tells me overall I'm still getting over 7 hours a night, which is more than I was getting before I was pregnant. Some insomnia some nights.
Food Cravings: Mostly carbs and salt. Occasionally ice cream.
Best Moment This Week: Letting the news out again. You'd think twitter would have caught on with all my food tweets.
Movement: None
Labor Signs: Hopefully none for a very long time.
Gender: I actually took an at-home blood test, but I'm keeping those results secret because I'm unsure how accurate they are. I've had a lot of "girl" feelings again, but I might just try to be preparing myself if it's a girl. I thought my symptoms were a lot different than with Thad, but re-reading over these, they might be similar.
What I Miss: Not being nauseous. (Nauseated? I can't ever decide which one to use.) That's about it.
What I Am Looking Forward To: Knowing for sure if it's a boy or a girl. Picking names. FALLLLL.
Milestones: Not a whole lot right now. End of the first trimester by some books/apps. Oh, and I've been real close to throwing up multiple times (tmi dry heaving) but the only time I actually threw up was last night. At 12 weeks. Just like with Thad.
Again, just an extra word here... I'm not trying to be an attention whore or anything with these posts. I love looking back on Thad's and I want to have the same thing for this baby. Plus I am the worst about keeping all my family/friends updated and this is just an easy way to make sure everyone that wants to know, can know. Especially with my mom working in Alaska, and my MIL living in Colorado, it's just easier this way. I don't do the talking thing real well.
Until next time!

0 lovely replies