Over halfway... 7 months...
9:40 AM
Pictures that describes Mr. Thaddeus perfectly these days...
Curious. Mobile.
Also, still tall.
More fun times this month. Continued working on sitting/standing/eating. Met his new baby cousin, Caroline (and saw all of Michael's family...). Played with baby friends. Visited Target (a lot) and the apple orchard (slept through it). One of the things I'm most thankful for is his happy demeanor when we go out. He loves people-watching, and when we're hanging out with people, he'd much rather be awake than asleep. He doesn't usually whine until we get in the car, and then all bets are off.
We have another busy month ahead - all day babysitters (sisters) while Michael and I photograph a couple weddings. More hanging out with friends. Outgrowing all his clothes I've bought him recently...
Fall is my favorite time of year. The seasons seem to be blending together and I was really caught off guard when the trees recently started lightening up. I was going to complain, but then I realized it's October. These things happen. Most, I've always looked forward to having a baby during fall. Dressing him up in fleece footed jammies (he might be wearing some now), extra cuddles... getting to take him to the pumpkin patch... Everything is still so new to him, and I love getting to see him experience things.
He has mastered army crawling. I can set him down with his toys, but he'd rather explore the Wii balance board, or our tennis shoes (?). He'll crawl over to his stacking rings, just to unstack them, and then continue on his journey. When I'm getting stuff together in the kitchen in the morning, he'll occasionally start whining and making his way out there. He sounds like a Peg Leg Pete. thump-draaag and it's hilarious. He's also figured out when it's bath time. I'll get him undressed on his floor and he immediately flips over and makes a beeline for the bathroom.
One thing that's been hard, that I didn't expect to be so hard, is his people/stranger anxiety. Kind of came on all of a sudden, he went from smiling at everyone all the time, to taking some coaxing. If we hand him off to someone he doesn't see much, he better still be able to see us. Went back to the doctor for his cold/allergies and I put him on the table and for a minute he just stared at me, darted his eyes a bit, stared at me with a little pouty lip, and then almost flipped off the table trying to escape. Every time he gets weighed there I lay him down and he shakes and gets scared, and seeing him scared breaks my heart in so many more ways than I can even express. I know it'll never get easier, either. But man. Ouch.
At 7 months....
- 17 pounds, 12 ounces as of Wednesday. Not sure his height, but I think he recently got a little taller.
- Installed his convertible seat, so now he has one in both cars. He seems to like it. Though I miss being able to carry him inside if he's sleeping, for the most part he transfers really well.
- Finishing up these size 3 diapers and probably switching to size 4.
- No more 3-6 month clothes. Pretty much any onesie doesn't fit under 12 months. Some 6-12 month stuff still fits... but still has the problem of shirts being too short and pants that are long enough not fitting in the waist.
- Still loving food. He has four 7.5 oz bottles a day (sometimes a little more thrown in) and eats about 3.5-4 oz 3 times a day. He seems to like every food he's given, which is a blessing. We seem to have found the right combination because he doesn't freak out when he's done eating anymore. Still give him puffs and baby cheetos to work on his motor skills. Loves to hold his bottle by himself.
- Starting to be more vocal again. Learning different combinations of sounds. It's funny.
- Sleeps well. Mostly through the night. Sometimes wakes up at 3:30 and thinks it's time to get up. Sometimes sleeps all the way until 6 (wakeup time). I like those days. 2-3 naps a day still.
- This morning he actually waved hi/bye to me. <3 li=""> 3>
- I love seeing him concentrate on his toys and figuring out how things work. Today he took one of the balls from one toy and decided to put it down the ramp of his car track. And it actually worked. I think I was more impressed than he was.
- Has started doing the shy thing where people will say hi and he'll smile and bury himself into my shoulder.
- A little clingy the past week. Not sure why. Won't complain.
- Recently started crossing his feet in the car. Cutest.
- Any time we throw a blanket over our shoulder when holding him, he buries his face in it. Not sure why, but I love it.
- Had a super rough congestion weekend, so we went back to the doctor Wednesday. I think he has allergies and was mainly looking for an "okay" to give a little Benadryl on days where he can't breathe through his nose at all. She said it might just be a recurring cold, but he shouldn't be getting sinus infections yet, and they don't like giving babies allergy medicine until after 1 year. Said to keep doing what we're doing.
- Such a light of mine (and Michael's) life. He's hilarious and beautiful and most days I still can't believe he's mine.









0 lovely replies