1/2 Year!

12:48 PM

 

It's so much fun to pull up my blog and refresh on what I wrote last month so I can give updates. So this month - Food! Sitting! Sleeeeep!

Mister independent is still growing, both physically and mentally, so fast. Definitely still a cuddler, and just the most smiley kid on the planet. Really, unless he's hungry (or Heaven forbid you take his food away) or overly sleepy, he's a happy guy. Of course, as I say this, he caught Michael's cold this past holiday weekend and he has been super whiney baby. Can't really complain because he's fanatsic the rest of the time. I just want him to feel better.

STILL NO TEETH. THEY'RE NEVER COMING. EVER.

I have no idea where Thad gets his dramatics.

After this past long weekend, I've decided, again, that daycare really is a great thing for us. While it is so, so, so hard to send him there every day, he is learning so much, and he absolutely loves his teachers. And they're wonderful, caring, loving people. Let's be real, I'm not the most social person, so it's great for him to go socialize with other people and babies. Not to mention toys galore! So while it's really difficult sometimes, I know that it's a great thing for us. The guilt I feel isn't what it used to be.

On a lighter note, Thad has decided he doesn't like anything in its place. Stacking rings? Can't be on the pole. Cars for his racetrack? Can't be in their parking spaces. Blocks? Not in their container. Don't even think about putting them back. He thinks it's a fun game.We're working on putting things back where they belong. (Hahaha)

No other super major happenings this month. Mike started his first year of his PhD program. It's an adjustment, but we'll make it. And I'm super proud of him. I can't stop watching an Australian show called "Offspring" on Hulu. We're getting together with our other mom and baby friends this Saturday. Bought a bunch of fall/winter time clothes in SIZES THAT ARE JUST TOO BIG FOR MY NEWBORN.

Denial. It's strong.



 

At six month Thad is...
  • 17lbs 6 oz. (46th%), and 28 inches (94th%). hahaha. HAHAHA. Done my research on convertible seats and bought a Diono for the Camry a few days ago. He's just too heavy for this no-upper-body-strength ma to carry around his bucket seat anymore.
  • Size 3 diapers still. We've switched to a size 4 at night because pee was coming out of top of the size 3s, even with all the proper precautions.
  • Done with the 3 month clothes. Anywhere from 6 month to 18 month clothes. Baby clothes are like womens jeans. Every brand has a different idea about size. 
  • Got the okay to start solids since he was drinking about 45 oz of formula a day. He's had avocados, apples, bananas, mangos, peaches, sweet potatoes, squash... favorites are avocados and apples. Though he gobbled the mango/sweet potato combo last night. Found a great website that has recipes that include spices, which I thought was awesome. So bought a Ninja. Am making 95% of the baby food. He gets two meals of a cube of whatever and oatmeal at daycare, and then 3 cubes for dinner. Once he gets teeth I might try a bit more baby led weaning, I'm just a little wary with the no teeth thing. 
  • Oh, 5 6-7 oz bottles a day now.
  • Working on the finger coordination with some puffs. Because after he's done with his dinner he still wants ALL THE FOOD. So I throw some puffs down and that makes him forget he's apparently starving.
  • Stares us down when we're eating. Hardcore. No smiling-why-aren't-you-giving-me-some.
  • His daycare teachers swear he holds his bottle by himself. But when he's at home he'd rather just us hold it. We're working on it. Same goes with the spoon feeding.
  • From laying down he'll pull on our hands to sitting, and insists we hold out our hands so he can pull to standing. Thankfully hasn't figured out he can pull up on furniture yet.
  • Put him on his hands and knees and he rocks back and forth. Sometimes moves his hands a bit. And then very dramatically flattens out and screeches.
  • Doesn't talk as much. Learning new consenants like "mmmm". Michael likes makes weird word noises at him.
  • Once he realized he liked being on his stomach, that's where he sleeps. Through the night for a couple weeks now! Since this cold kicked in he needs his paci a couple times a night, but still... not bad.
  • Switched to a 2-3 naps a day schedule. It's weird how one day he's just like "nope! Two one to two hour naps and that's it!" Kids, man. I tell ya.
  • Recently started laughing more. It's always been difficult to get good laughs, but it's happening more now. 
  • SUPER ticklish. 
  • When he's wearing long sleeves, he prefers his sleeves to be over his hands. 
  • Gets scared by super loud noises. And (we discovered today) laying down on the table at the doctor. I think he knows that's where he gets his shots.
  • Learned to move his wrists. Trying to make him understand it's called waving.
  • For as fearless as he thinks he is, he still is cautious. When standing, if we let go of one hand, he's quick to move that hand to the other so he's still holding on with both hands.
  • He's started to reach up for us when he wants picked up.
  • Getting verrrry close to moving. Figured out how to go from sitting to on his hands and knees. And from sitting to climbing over my legs. Scooches around a bit. Eeeek.
  • Absolutely refused to straighten out his legs for his rug picture this month. And then he rolled over. 




                       












You Might Also Like

0 lovely replies