8!
5:39 PM
Months! And also the approximate number of times Thad tried to jump out of his chair.
Most people have started laughing when I tell them his age. "OH!" they say "The fun's starting!" Uhhhh.
He's crawling everywhere (no more scooting), can pull up on everything, likes walking with his walking/riding toy, leaves destruction in his wake... All the things. As I mentioned last time, we had a busy month. He did great with his all-day babysitters. He just keeps growing even though I tell him to stoooop.
We visted the pumpkin patch! It was a chilly morning and he wasn't into crawling on the ground... but we still got a couple of pumpkins and it was a fun memory for me.
Quick question, why is it that people make such a big deal about babies sleeping through the night IF THEY SPEND THE SECOND HALF OF THEIR FIRST YEAR TEETHING AND NO LONGER SLEEPING THROUGH THE NIGHT?! Just.. asking. He finally cut through his second tooth on the bottom.
We've been so busy I can't even remember everything we've done. It's way flown by, though. And I want to apologize if I ever repeat stories to you in person that I wrote about on here. This blog is just for my own sanity and memory, and I'm still convinced no one reads it. So thank you, if you do, and I'm sorry in advance.
I had to ask Michael to help out with the rug picture. There's no more laying on his back. Ever.
At 8 months...
- Haven't checked height/weight lately. Definitely still growing.
- Size 4 diapers, though we forced him into size 2 the other week (free samples at Target!)
- Nothing 6 months fit. Some 6-12 months does. Mostly 9 and 12 month shirts. 12-18 month pants. Size 4 shoes?
- Four 7-8 ounce bottles a day. Two puree meals, plus some Cheerios in the morning, and snacks throughout the day. As long as we're eating something he can eat for dinner, he gets some. Otherwise more puree. He's mastered feeding himself the finger foods.
- When he whines now it comes out as "mamamamam" taking it as "mama" as he usually follows me around when he does it
- Sleep... he goes down pretty well now. He'll wake up a few times and need his paci. Occasionally if he's really awake he comes back to bed with me. Up at 5 pretty much every day, then goes back to sleep until 6:30 or so. Two naps a day, usually 0.75-1.5 hours each.
- Still learning! Can now put his rings back on the stand. Knows when things on the TV are changing that we're using the Apple TV remote (his favorite toy)
- Speaking of toys... basically everything that isn't a toy he likes playing with. Anything on the coffee table. Door stops. Good thing he's cute.
- He thinks we're hilarious. Enjoying it while it lasts.
- Other things he thinks are hilarious: Peek-a-boo, fake sneezing, flying, the theme song to Gilmore Girls?
- He's just a revolving door of colds it seems. This last one has a nasty cough. Fingers crossed his immune system is the best one in elementary school.
- Pulls to standing on everything. Couch, coffee table, walls, pant legs. His crib. That's how he keeps himself awake at night. When he fights sleep it's now a fun game of laying him back down every few minutes. He's also learned how to fall correctly onto his butt.
- Loves being read to. He doesn't seek out his books, but when you sit down with one he smiles through the whole story.
- Loves playing with the basketball. He'll push and chase it around the house.
- He found the bookshelves. Gulp.
- Enjoying this time before he's walking. I know it's coming. And nothing will be the same.
I can't get all of his monthly pictures to load.... they'll return next month.



0 lovely replies