3 Months!
9:18 PM
As of today, I'm a mom to a 3-month-old. Which, may not sound like much, but means the world to me.
It once again feels like it's been forever since I've updated. The month has flown by, and I look at pictures from even a week or two ago and I think about how different Thad is from then. It blows my mind how quickly he's changing and growing and just I TOLD YOU TO STOP GROWING UP SO FAST.
While I by no means feel like an expert, I still feel like I'm becoming more comfortable in my role as mom. I realize quicker what needs to be done to keep T happy, what does and doesn't work, and all that. I always wondered why parents said that their job was so rewarding, but it really is. And my kid does nothing more than lay around and be cute right now.
This past month included Michael's graduation from KU with his Master's degree. I am so ridiculously proud of him, and have no idea how he's decided to keep going to school for the next five years to get his PhD. He's crazy. I'd have him committed, but he's the psychologist and he thinks he's sane so I guess I have to let that one go. But really, I love that all of his hard work is paying off, and that as long as he's enjoying what he's doing that's all that matters to me.
This past month also included going to Chris and Sam's wedding, where Thad was babysat by his newly appointed Uncle Shawn, who did a fantastic job. Other than that, there's just been the continuing of getting used to daycare and working again. He seems to be doing great at daycare, and his teachers love him. Even with the two new baby girls added to the room, he's still the youngest.
No Super Deep Feeling stuff this time around. Basically I'm learning that parenting is a giant game of guess-and-check, and who would have known when I learned about guess-and-check in math in junior high that it would apply for parenting. Back then I thought adults had everything figured out, when it turns out we're just grown up kids pretending for the sake of not freaking out the little people. Seems to be working out for everyone.
My Rad Thad...


First of all, I was having trouble getting you to smile... your dad came in and you were all smiles for him.
- No doctor appointment this month, and no scale at home means I'm not sure how much you weigh, but my rough estimate with a tape measure at height puts you at 25.25 inches... meaning you're still a tall boy. I keep trying to fatten you up, but you just get taller instead.
- In size two diapers, mainly for height.
- I force you into your 0-3 month clothes, but you're definitely too tall for most of them. You're even too tall for some of your 3-6 month clothes and I really just can't handle that.
- You're so scrawny that even though you fit in the six month clothes, they look huge on you (see pictures)
- You eat between 5 and 6 ounces five to six times a day, with no more bottles at night.
- You pretty much sleep through the night... We could probably do bedtime at 7, but I've turned that into a nap, then bath/bedtime around 8. Recently you've been waking up between midnight and 1 because you've lost your pacifier and/or unswaddled yourself. After you eventually go back to sleep, you usually wake yourself up again around 4. I'm ready for just full night sleeping again.
- You enjoy kicking SO MUCH. You are such a wiggle worm. It's apparent during bath time (which you now enjoy) when you splash out nearly all of your bathwater. Or when I go to check on you at night and you're all the way at the end of your crib from wiggling. You're a busy kid.
- You still dislike tummy time a lot. You prefer to be sitting up. Definitely. You have great neck control, but your head is just so big and heavy you need help sometimes. You also like standing a lot... we're getting the exersaucer set up to see how you do with that.
- I feel like you're hair is growing ridiculously fast. Of course, it's not really.
- You're getting really good at reaching up, grabbing, and pulling on the elephant on your activity mat. You're great at gripping anything I put in front of you.
- SUCH A CUDDLER. I love it. When you're sleepy you'll play with your hands if there's nothing to cuddle with (like a burp rag). You love holding onto my hand when you fall asleep, and I definitely don't hate it.
- I love listening to you talk, and you smile all the time. You finally laughed! Of course, it was at your Aunt Beth this past weekend. You thought she was hilarious.
- I'm pretty sure you're ticklish.
- In addition to talking, you also whine now. Not crying, but you're definitely not happy. I just laugh at you, sorry about that.
- You're still cute, and I guess I like you.
- (okay, if it's not obvious to you by the amount of kisses I'm constantly giving you... I love you a whole ton.. And so does your dad, and the rest of our family and friends. You're one lucky kid)
I'm going to do a comparison of me, Mike and Thad at three months tomorrow on facebook I think...




0 lovely replies