The reason why I'll start updating again...

5:02 PM

I can't believe that last time I updated was right after I started working. So. Time to fix that.

So work is going well. Just like every job, it has its moments, but overall I like it. There will be great opportunities for movement and such the longer I stay, which is always a plus. 

As for a rest-of-life update... Michael is about to start his final year of his masters program. He's still planning on getting his phd after he finishes his masters, and I'm all for it. We moved in the middle of June from our little one bedroom apartment to a 3 bedroom, 2 bath duplex. And we were considering getting a puppy until...

Well, we found out I'm going to have a baby. 

While it was a bit of a surprise, we're both really happy and excited. We've been plagued with the normal worries and all that. Thankfully I haven't been too sick, and my energy is starting to come back? (Knock on wood) 

There's not much story behind finding out... I was fairly certain I wasn't pregnant, but Michael forced me to take a test. So one morning before work I took one and then went about getting ready and was more than just a little shocked when it was positive. My reaction was similar to when Michael proposed. A few, "Oh no"s. I woke him up before I left for work and talked some nonsense before he asked what was wrong and I kinda just threw it out. 

I've had two doctors appointments and sonograms so far, and little Thing 1 seems to be growing right on schedule. My next appointment is in a couple weeks, but hopefully no sonogram this time. Thankfully, my arthritis has gone into remission after I had to cut out my medicine cold turkey. But I am officially 12 weeks and 1 day and feel much more bloated than actually pregnant, but here's a picture and that silly survey everyone does anyway.


Excuse my sunburn. 

How Far Along? 12 weeks and 1 day.
Symptoms: Still super nauseous if I don't snack most of the day. A little fatigue-y. Dizzy.
Total Weight Gain/Loss: According to my parents' scale, I'm still down about 7 pounds.
Sleep: Goes back and forth. Whenever I want to sleep in, I can't sleep more than 8 hours though... that's annoying.
Food Cravings: No intense cravings. Carbs. Salt. But I craved those before.
Best Moment This Week: Finishing telling the world about Thing 1. I hate being the center of attention, but being able to talk openly about it now is fantastic. Poor twitter.
Movement: None
Labor Signs: Hopefully none for a very long time.
Gender: An internal debate. Michael's convinced it's a girl. I've felt it's a girl, but had dreams about a boy and tend to call it "him". Won't know for another month and a half or so.
What I Miss: This nausea stuff going away entirely, please. 
What I Am Looking Forward To: Doctor appt a week from Friday. Feeling movements, finding out gender, buying alllll the things.
Milestones: A bad one - I actually puked for the first time today? So weird. Hopefully never again.
Comments: We inherited some baby things from different family members. We're very blessed at the amount of love we're getting from every direction. Little one is already very loved. I have about 1000 books to read.

So there we go. I probably won't update every week cause I feel like not much changes week to week... but definitely every four weeks. And if anything crazy happens I'll be sure to update the blog.

Time to go eat a pickle.


 

You Might Also Like

3 lovely replies