Oh, April.
7:56 PMAnyone remember me? No? That's okay.
For anyone still around... I thought I'd give a life update, because I actually have things to update about! So after that post in January I had an interview with a company that went really well, but then didn't hear back from. So I was feeling pretty down once again about the job situation. But I found out about this entry-level program a local contract research organization was going to be doing and applied. Did the whole interview thing and felt good about it when I found out they were hiring about 40 people.
The day I was supposed to hear about that job, the job that I interviewed back with in January called and offered me a contract position. But then I heard from the second job and got that as well. So after so many months of not hearing anything... I was offered two jobs in the same day in March. After deciding with the CRO, I started a week ago yesterday.
So far, everything has been great. The other 28 kids in my program are really nice, bright people. I have six and a half weeks of training left before I get pushed into my position. There's a variety of possible positions to go to, and the company is growing so I'm excited about the prospects! It's not an engineering job, but I know I'll be able to use the skills I learned in school.
Now that I have an actual job, stress has been lessened, at least a little, in life. We're moving this summer! Originally we were looking at moving into KC, but we'll be able to get more for our money if we stay in Lawrence. It's looking like we'll have at least two bedrooms and two bathrooms (YAY) and they allow pets so hopefully we'll be getting a dog sometime soon. (shhh don't tell my dad).
Things haven't gone according to my plan. At all. But through it all I've had my health, Michael, and my family... I honestly couldn't ask for more. I'm totally ready for this next journey. I promise to keep this sort of updated, though currently my life appears it will be work, work, work. And I couldn't be happier about it.
2 lovely replies