Catch Up Ketchup

9:38 PM

Where to start, where to start.
Currently: winter not making an appearance. I'm not complaining with a total of an hour and a half commute every day.
Still no engineering job. I am working more at my part-time gig, and I am forever thankful for the crew there, who have welcomed and trained me. Great, great people.
 I cannot cannot cannot believe that we're halfway through December, and I've been graduated for over seven months. And 2013 starts in a few weeks. Yeah, okay.
My fabulous husband is just about finished with his first semester as a Masters student. And I couldn't be more proud.
Still loving Lawrence. Good place, amazing people. Love being near my siblings.
Super excited KC is getting a professional women's soccer team. But I think I'm the only one. Don't caaare.

When I get frustrated with the fact that I don't have a job that really uses my major, I have to stop and be thankful that, at least, I do have a job. A good one. It is really hard when people ask what I'm doing and I have to reply that I'm still looking, and that, yes, it does suck, and, yes, the job market isn't the best. Regardless of everything, when someone I know or doesn't know asks and I have to say, "Yeah... still nothing." I feel like a failure... or an embarrassment. And it's hard. Especially when I get that sympathetic look. I just... I don't even know.

Done with that. I wish I had more to blog about, but, my life is pretty boring right now.

Wanna read something awesome? Check out my dad's blog. He's an actual writer. And way better at this than I am.

I've read a lot of good books recently. Everyone should read the Divergent series by Veronica Roth, and The Silver Linings Playbook by Matthew Quick. Go. Now.

I should be updating the photo blog in the next few weeks after my sister's best friend's son is born. Super stoked to take pictures of him.

Until next time.

 

You Might Also Like

2 lovely replies