I'm alive... I'm alive... (I am so alive. The medicine failed and the doctor's lied)
3:16 PM
"So you fill your life with sound, and if you dance like hell you hope you'll never touch the ground."
-"Role of a Lifetime" from bare: a pop opera
I know, I'm a slacker. I really don't have much of an excuse, either.
Life right now is consisting of sleep, working, hanging out with Michael, visiting family and relaxing. The relaxing part in particular, has been glorious. As has been visiting family and friends. A friend of mine, Ashlee, had a little boy a week and a half ago, and I got to take his newborn pictures. That was really awesome. I expected him to sleep the whole time, but he was awake and alert, and just hung out and let us position and torture him. Here's a sneak peek:
He's freaking adorable. And super mellow. Some more of the pictures can be found on my photography facebook.
The other big thing around here is that Michael and I started P90X yesterday. My parents made it through 90 days once, and are doing some of the workouts again, so I thought we'd give it a try. It's definitely pretty hardcore, and I'm feeling yesterday's workout. Tomorrow I will definitely be feeling today's workout. Very intense. I don't mind being a little sore because then I know everything is working, but still. Rough.
I've also been fighting a cold... one of the ones where you feel fine all day and then it rears its ugly head during the afternoon/evening. not the most pleasant experience, but whatev.
All of my year shows are done for the season... But SYTYCD has started up (yaaay more Alex obsessing over dances...) and there are a few more finales to catch up on. If you need a new show, check out Happy Endings. Hilarious. We love it. This fall there are a few shows coming out that look awesome as well. Specifically Smash and The New Girl. More shows to watch and love and procrastinate homework with!
I think that's all the major things. I feel like I need a nap. I hate naps.
Instead, I'll go read some more of The Perks of Being a Wallflower. I've read a few books recently that are awesome... maybe I'll do an update with some book reviews.
Hurrah!
1 lovely replies