Blessings all around
8:43 PM"Now that the weight has lifted, love has surely shifted my way."
"Marry Me" by Train
Much better than "Hey, Soul Sister" I gotta say.
Happy Easter to everyone! Regardless of your faith, I hope you had a fantastic Sunday.
For me, it was the first Easter I didn't spend with my mom & dad, and the first one where I didn't get an Easter basket. It made for a sad morning not helped by a take home test I couldn't figure out. But then I got picture from my dad of my youngest niece, Megan, in her Easter outfit and Converse. Which, reminded me of my wedding. Look at how much she's grown!
So for me today, it's been a day of thinking about how wonderful my family and support system is. I am no doubt, truly blessed in that department. My mom and dad are loving, and ridiculously supportive of anything I want to do (like... get married at 19). My brother, sisters and I love each other and get along better than most. My nieces and nephews are beautiful children with great personalities. I have a husband who is my best friend, and makes me laugh on days when I am really missing my family. His family loves me as their own. I have aunts and uncles who legitimately love and care about me.
Seriously? What more could I ask for.
No matter how bad everything else gets, I will always have them. No matter what. And I did nothing to deserve that.
For that, I am forever thankful.
In other news, there's this week of classes, then dead week, then finals. And that's it. Holy crap where did the semester go!? Thankfully I'm not failing anything. I'm ready to be done for the semester, but I know I'll be bored very quickly this summer. With nothing planned but a few trips to Wichita and working, there'll be plenty of time to do.. nothing. Whoo? It will (hopefully) be my last summer without a "big kid" job. So I'm going to enjoy it.
Who knows, maybe I'll update my blog more. :)
2 lovely replies