And worst blogger of the year goes to..
8:40 PM"But I set fire to the rain. Watched it pour as I touched your face. Well it burn while I cried cause I heard it screaming out your name."
- "Set Fire to the Rain" by Adele
If you haven't listened to Adele's new album, shame on you. Go. Now.
I figured since it'd been a month since I'd updated, I'd pop in and say hi. And I'm alive.
All's usual around here. I'm constantly thinking that I couldn't be busier, and then I go and prove myself wrong. Stress level seems to be at a high point right now. I figured once I was done with English classes I could be done with writing.
Oh, boy, was I wrong. My life right now mainly consists of writing lab reports and doing homework in between. I spend more time dealing with lab data in Excel than I spend seeing Michael. I've been trying to keep ahead with everything when I can. All while sending out resumes and cover letters to places to try to secure an internship for the summer.
And truthfully, I could complain all I want, but really, I'm lucky. Amidst all this stressful schoolwork, I am learning all sorts. I sleep with Michael next to me every night, and I can always get ahold of him if I need to. My family is all kinds of supportive with any and all decisions.
And I have an abundance of Girl Scout Cookies, thanks to my nieces.
In all seriousness, though, I try not to throw myself pity parties. I complain to Mike more than I should though, poor guy.
I'm drowning my sorrows in cookies. Before the Girl Scout cookies were here, I was making peanut butter chocolate no bake cookies every few days. The amount of sugar I went through is astounding. Heh.
Overall, though, life here is good. I do update my Project 365 blog (link at the top underneath the header) every day. It's been fun, even though the pictures aren't all that exciting, it's good for me to take that 10 minutes out of my day to do something not school or work related.
Like I said. Nothing really exciting going on. Trucking along. I can't believe tomorrow's March 1st. Almost halfway through the semester already, and heading to Pennsylvania in a few weeks (!!). This past weekend I got to go Wichita and visit. Gage, Madi, Megan and Garrett are all growing up ridiculously fast. Beth and I went bowling with the older kids and had a fantastic time...
On Sunday they all came over to my parents place to hang out and play games. Garrett and I ran around outside...
I'm biased and all, but he's one smart 19-month-old. When I got to Beth's on Saturday morning after I was done giving hugs to the older kids, I found Garrett and he reached out for me, remembering who I was. He recognizes the letter P, and even draws it. His vocab is growing a ton. It's just ridiculous.
And he's just as cute as ever, right?
Okay. Break time's over. I hope everyone is well!
1 lovely replies