I love... but....
7:31 PM"We can be who we are now. We are alive. We can fight, they cannot contain us. It's who we are, we are not dying. We're us forever. We won't hide our faces from the light. Eliminate the space between us. It's who we are, we are forever."
-"Who We Are" by RED
As I was trying to think of something to blog about besides ridiculous classes and whatnot... So I thought I'd try this "I love... but..." idea I thought of when I was waiting for Michael to get ready for class. I'll start with that one.
I love my husband. A lot. But he doesn't have this obsessive need to be early like I do. At all. So when we're traveling together for something and he's not getting ready as fast as I'd like, it takes every ounce of will power not to rush him. Which I end up doing anyway. By pacing or staring. Oops. Well, if he'd just be ready to leave earlier... (love you, Mike!)
I love the look of snow... But my poor Bug doesn't do good with snow drifts. I have the clearance of about a foot. That plows/drifts up pretty quick.
I love like my majors... But some days I wish I'd picked something like photography or English. Mostly when I'm trying to write up a lab and I can't for the life of me figure out what's going on.
I love my discount at work... But I usually end up spending too much money on things like books. Worth it.
I love my family... But that makes me miss them so much more.
The love I get from them, though, makes all this heartache worthwhile. When I get to missing them, I watch this video of me and Garrett. It makes me laugh no matter how many times I watch it, because I remember sitting there with him for an hour while he was amazed with the laptop and watched Blues Clues. And how adorable is he when he says "Uh oh!". Excuse my crazy voice at the end... He was smashing my keyboard.
I'm sure I've got a lot more of those, but this migraine's killing me. Thankfully the snow days earlier this week mean I don't have any homework due tomorrow (funny how that works, eh?) so I'm going to go lay in bed and watch Grey's Anatomy. My dad would now insert a comment about how Grey's can't make anyone feel better, ever. And that he's going to disown me if I watch any more.
=) I miss my family.
2 lovely replies