Weekend + A Fine Line...

6:45 PM

"When everything falls apart, Your arms hold me together. When everything falls apart, You're the only hope for this heart. When everything falls apart and my strength is gone, I find You mighty and strong. You keep holding hold, You keep holding on."
-"Everything Falls" by Fee

I really don't listen to the radio much anymore, but I heard this song awhile ago, and then Kathryn from sytycd quoted it on her twitter the other day when I very much needed to hear it.

I spent this past weekend in Wichita celebrating Gage's 9th birthday. I'm not exactly sure when he grew up so much... But it became evident he's quickly approaching his teenage years at his (tackle!) football game...

Photobucket

Photobucket

Seriously. I'm pretty sure this was just yesterday.
Photobucket


Anyway... We stopped by the pumpkin patch after his game, and I got a couple pictures of Garrett, who kept picking the pumpkins up and bringing them over to me.
Photobucket

And one more cute one of Garrett from the park that night...
Photobucket

Anyway... It was a good weekend. I've been missing my family, so that was good. Now it's back to work and school. After Michael got home from his rehearsal last night, he told me about his schedule for next semester. From the sound of things, next semester is going to be busier for both of us than this semester. Which seems ridiculous and not possible if you ask me, but... I'm proven wrong a lot.

I'm walking a fine line between being so, so incredibly proud of Michael, and all he's accomplishing, and being completely selfish about hating how much he's gone. I know it comes with the territory of being married to a musician, and I think I remember knowing what I was getting myself into... it's just hard. I leave before he gets up in the morning, and usually fall asleep before he gets home during the week. 

I'm also not sure how he does it... Class, rehearsals, work, sectionals... I think he eats somewhere in there, but I can't keep track anymore. I know that I miss him, though. It's rough. I'm hating myself for being such a downer about him being gone. I understand things could be much worse... I'm just not used to not having my best friend around to vent to. And when he is here, I feel bad for venting, because goodness knows he's going through much worse.

So here I am, venting on my blog. I'm sorry. 

Anyway. The weeks are flying by here. I can't believe we're almost to the middle of October already. The trees are turning gorgeous colors, we're hitting midterms and I feel like shoving my head through a wall after Transport Phenomena and all that jazz. 

Okay. Enough rambling and putting off English homework. :)

You Might Also Like

3 lovely replies