Miscellany Monday
10:39 AM"Don't wanna leave this world, knowing I breathed in vein. Looked out for myself, so sorry, so ashamed. Don't wanna leave this life, knowing I barely tried. Chased all my dreams that I hid away on the inside."
"Breathe" by Anberlin
Carissa over at lowercase letters is having miscellany monday! So click on the button and go check out her blog. She's hilarious. Her kids (and she) are adorable. Lots of win over there.
{1}
I love three-day weekends. And since I don't have another one until November, I'm enjoying this day. We had a friend come and visit yesterday and today, but sadly he's leaving soon. Mike and I plan on relaxing the rest of the day. I can't wait.
{2}
Without fail, once school started and I got stressed out with my homework, my face broke out like whoa. Which only makes me more frustrated, which makes things worse. Sigh. My skin had been so great this summer. Laaaame.
{3}
Fall is coming. We're getting cold fronts coming through that keep knocking the horrible 90's humid weather back into the upper 70's and lower 80's. But, of course, my allergies have come back with a vengeance. Hardcore.
{4}
The campus Career Fair is in a couple weeks. I'm already really freaking out, even though there's no reason to. This is the big way to get internships for the summer of 2011, and for most engineers it's getting harder and harder to get a job after you graduate if you haven't had an internship. Eek. Pressure much? I've been researching companies that I'm interested in working at in KC and Colorado.
Hello, being a grown-up.
{5}
Speaking of... I've started watching HGTV. I used to think that as the most boring channel ever. Ever. But my dad was watching it when I was visiting last month, and now I'm addicted to House Hunters. I love laughing at people who don't pick a house picked on pain color (really?!) and trying to guess which one they'll pick. Plus I get to fantasize about buying a house. One day.... One day.
{6}
Stores are putting out their really soft and cuddly winter baby clothes.
Uh oh.
This does not bode well for my "Problem".
{7}
I drove back to Wichita Friday after I got out of class. Got to hang out with Beth and baby G. Garrett's getting ridiculously big. He and Beth make hilarious faces at each other, and he likes saying "'hank 'ou". He's adorable. Two of my favorite pictures from that night....
Gah. I miss them already. I've been pretty homesick recently. Just gotta keep truckin' on.
Until the next time I get away from Transport and Thermo...


4 lovely replies