Weekend, Weekend, Weekend.

10:22 AM

"The sky looks pissed. The wind talks back. My bones are shifting in my skin, and you, my love, are gone."
"The Chain" by Ingrid Michaelson

I definitely can't relate to this song... but it's my favorite Ingrid Michaelson song... so you should check it out.

Just sayin'.

I had a great weekend... last weekend when I went back home to help my parents. There was lots of packing and manual labor involved, but it was well worth it to hang out with all of them. My parents are all moved mostly moved into their new house. I love the new place, and think it'll be a great fit for them.

Of course... I took the opportunity to take plenty of pictures of my sister's kids...

Garrett's two months old now... and loves his blanket. My mom was babysitting him while my sister went to yoga with my dad, and Garrett was inconsolable for the whole time, until she gave him that blanket, and then he quieted right down.
IMG_2764


I wanted use what little amount of creative juices I had on my older nieces and nephew, but I forgot how early it gets dark now...
IMG_2778

IMG_2777

IMG_2779

They're great kids... all full of amazing personality. I can't believe how old they're getting.

Last picture... I got Garrett to smile and giggle a little bit from tickling him...
IMG_2796

I'm all for making babies smile and giggle. It's pretty awesome.

I'm still feeling pretty overwhelmed with school... it seems like there's never a free moment, but I think that I'm going to try to get a little ahead this weekend. But I did have a dream last night about my research paper for English (Written Communication for Engineers. Sound like fun, right?), except I decided to make a heart out of clay. (I'm probably writing about how to improve pediatric artificial hearts) Which was found in the unformable materials in the store. lol. And then woke up in a cold sweat. Oh, school.

Michael and I are doing great... No matter how rough the day, I know that at the end of it, I get to fall asleep next to him, which makes everything okay. We're planning our trip to KC next month to see Spring Awakening (!!!), and I'm getting pretty excited about it.

Understatement.

Uhoh... The new New Moon trailer is out. Here's to hoping it's better than Twilight. (Which wasn't horrible.. I'm just not a fan of some of the acting...) Which reminds me, that all of my shows are coming back! Not having any TV channels makes this not so fun... But Mike and I watched Glee finally last night (LOVE IT!). I haven't had a chance to watch SYTYCD yet, but I think I'll watch it while I do homework, before work... I'm planning on having One Tree Hill watch parties with all of my old roommates... The Office, Fringe, Grey's, Private Practice and all the rest I'll just have to watch online. But I'm excited, nonetheless.

I'm hoping to write another post tomorrow... Nothing fancy... just about being happy and everything.

So until next time...

You Might Also Like

2 lovely replies