His Presence Tonight
10:34 PM"My chains are gone, I've been set free. My God, my Savior has ransomed me. And like a flood, His mercy reigns. Unending love, amazing grace."
-"Amazing Grace (My Chains Are Gone)" by Chris Tomlin
Apparently I'm a little late jumping onto this song... My little sister introduced me to it. I think I'd somehow avoided it when listening to the Christian stations, because I'm not a big fan of "Amazing Grace" remakes, but this is different. If you haven't listened to it, check it out.
Tonight, I heard this song on my way home from my friends' house. It came on right after "Sea of Faces" by Kutless (another great song), which happens to be one of the first "Christian songs" I loved. Kutless was also the first CCM CD I bought. (besides Plus1, but that's a way different story). Anywho, I heard both of these songs, and I just felt God's presence with me. It was completely overwhelming, because it's been awhile since I've felt that way. Completely tingling and in-tune.
No big miracles happened today (though, little miracles happen everyday... If you read Jonah's story, you know that...), and nothing terrible happened. It was just another day. But now, the stress I'd been feeling is gone and I'm completely at peace right now. I don't know exactly how to explain it, but it's nights like these that I'm brought back and grounded, and I remember that I need to be extremely thankful for what I have. I have an amazing husband and family, my friends are some of the best out there. I have a house, food, I'm getting an education. Another reason to be happy. To do good deeds.
I'm also not sure exactly where this post came from, I just felt the need to express how I'm feeling. And also to let people know that if they need prayer requests, I am constantly taking them. It's one thing I can do from anywhere for anyone.
Until next time (which will probably be back to my boring old self), much love,
Alex
1 lovely replies