15 Months

8:19 AM

This one snuck up on me. Just... SLOW YOUR ROLL, TIME.

Destruto V2.0 is now 15 months old.


Cue the same thing I say every time - these three months have flown by. Let me see if I can do a quick recap...

Mostly healthy-ish. I think I've been sick the most, actually. Atti's had an ear infection, pneumonia, hand foot & mouth, and just a chronic cough. Thad's been having allergy issues. I've been having sinus/allergy/bronchitis issues too. It's been a mess. Somehow, thankfully, Michael has come away mostly unscathed minus allergies and a pretty terrible cough for awhile.

Speaking of Michael... he successfully defended his dissertation this month! Those who don't know exactly what that means (I wouldn't), he wrote out his dissertation (I'll let him explain to those who want to know what it's about) in record time (draaaam-uhhh... again, I can let him explain) and he presented and answered a bunch of questions from people smarter than me. I was supposed to go and cheer him on, but instead got to take Atti in for his ear infection/pneumonia diagnosis. And instead of going out for drinks after, we got dinner with the boys at Texas Roadhouse... going with the flow - Parenting Rule #410.

I was promoted at work to a level 2... I'm pretty much doing exactly what I was before. But it's nice to have the recognition. Still love my work. Still love the company. All's well on my front.

Thad looks more like a teenager and talks more like a 60-year-old every day. As dramatic as his dad (whaat) and still somehow every bit a 4-year-old.

Atti is... just as crazy as ever. Learning so quickly. Happy, curious, troublemaker. But still oh so cute. Daycare is going great. He's a paci and doggy addict. Still hates sleeping at night.

Really sad the spring weather decided to just skip right over us... but happy for the warm/hot temperatures. Water table, pool, parks... all the fun stuff. We'll be making the drive to Denver next month to visit Michael's mom! We're super excited to see them and who doesn't love visiting Colorado? 

But... this post is about Atti.


Atti vs. Thad at 15 months. Thad was a bit more solid, definitely taller, and definitely more hair. But Atti's is coming in blond too.

  • His 15 month appointment is tomorrow, but since we've been there so often... He's somewhere around 22 pounds and 31.5 inches? Maybe just 31 inches. He's definitely gotten taller the past couple months.
  • Clothes are a fun conundrum. Around 12 month pants and 18 month shirts. Pulled a few 2T shirts out that are a little big but get the job done.
  • Not a bad eater - definitely fast. Goes through weird phases of liking stuff and not, I think just based on his mood and his teeth. His current favorites are any of pouches, and crackers. He was real mad the other day when we went to the strawberry field and I cut off him eating any more.
  • 4 teeth... I think working on 5 and 6.
  • Dropped bottles between 12 and 13 months. He drinks milk, water, sometimes pediasure. 
  • Sleep. Oh, sleep. The smallest thing messes up his sleep. Growing, teeth, mental leap... being overtired. It's rough. Thad was tough in other ways. I had to go back and read - T would be up for 2-3 hours just wide awake. Atti will be half asleep and just scream and thrash because he doesn't want to sleep but won't give in. Usually just 1 wake-up a night, but sometimes he also wakes up between 4 and 5 and won't go back to sleep. Hoping we'll be through this cycle soon.
  • Will probably move him to a toddler bed around 18 months, like Thad. Hopefully he transitions well? We'll see.
  • Favorite pastimes include: throwing (ANYTHING), taking all the books off the bookshelf, making action figures fight, tossing toys all over the floor, and skating around on anything on the kitchen floor. Is starting to do puzzles! 
  • Says more words than Thad at this age. Favorites - "uh oh", "YEAH", and "whoooa"
  • His waving is the cutest thing.
  • Loves being outside
  • Definitely not super shy. Likes to stay close, but likes saying hi to people
  • Freaks out (happy) when he sees a dog. Woofs at them. 
  • His favorite book is Mighty Marvel Colors... and insists we read it usually 5 times in a row.
  • It's weird... Thad liked to be cuddled, and that's why he didn't sleep well. Atti doesn't like to cuddle, but likes to know you're there and laying ON you. Or if he's awake he likes sitting on your lap.
  • Sometimes he's great at playing by himself, sometimes he really wants you to be where he can see you.
  • Starting to follow simple commands - put that in the trash (about 50% effective), where's doggy/paci? sit down... will give hugs if asked.
  • Loves giving high fives.
  • Terrible night sleeper - still takes one really great nap from 12-2-ish. And sometimes a short morning car nap.
  • He and Thad are starting to interact and play together more. Thad still doesn't like when he tries to play with him sometimes, but is also trying harder to make Atti laugh and entertain him. It's fun to watch.
This is one of my favorite ages - getting smarter every day, a little more independent, and much more interactive. It helps to balance out the screaming.

You Might Also Like

0 lovely replies