1 Month!

10:57 AM

In true fashion, time refuses to slow down. The first month as a family of four has flown by. I feel a little cheated since a quarter of that time was spent in the hospital. But I'm so, so grateful to be home now. Atticus has slid nicely into our lives, and we're all adjusting and finding our new normal. We did get to come home when he was eight days old, and are very fortunate to not have had any issues since.

I got used to having Michael around for another week, and then he had to go back to real life. He's on spring break this week, plus we have grandmas around (yay, grandmas!) but I know he has a ton to do. Graduate school. It's no joke. I'm doing my best to try and give him time to get done what he needs to get done, but he also feels like he's needs to help out (because he's amazing). So we'll find our normal here soon.

And can I just give a shout-out to all the stay at home parents out there - especially those with a toddler and a newborn. Even just having both boys on the weekends or the couple hours daily before Michael gets home after I pick up Thad is just crazy. Not enough hands, time, or patience. If I manage to get dinner made without too much screaming, I feel like Superwoman. Being able to send Thad to preschool keeps me sane, I think, and has definitely let me heal physically.

Back to the point of this post - Atticus is doing great. Getting bigger and stronger. Today, at 1 month he'd have been 41 weeks gestation, which is the exact age Thad was when he was born. It's so crazy to me that he's been with us a month already. I'd forgotten so many things about newborns. How much they sleep. How much noise they make when they sleep. How many unknowns there are. How much I google about baby poop.

Parenting is glamorous. How did anyone do it without Google?

(Since I never added pictures to the last post... here's last month (about 1 week) vs today.)




 

  • I'll come back to add in weight and length after his checkup Monday. A week ago he was 6 pounds, 10 oz, and 20 inches. So tall and skinny. Update: 7lbs11oz, 21 inches
  • He still fits better in NB diapers, though I'm using some size 1s because we have so many. Swims in anything we put him in - NB or 0-3 months - as far as sleepers. He's long enough for onesies to fit, but ones with long sleeves he manages to pull his hands and arms inside. None of his socks fit because of his skinny little legs. Plus Thad stretched out all the socks.
  • Nicknames include Atti, Ty, Ty-Ty, baby penguin. I occasionally call him growler because he growls every time we burp him and sometimes just randomly.
  • He's drinking about 3 ounces every few hours. Starting to move towards 3.5.
  • He eats every 2-3 hours. I think he might start stretching it out at night... but will I be able to keep sleeping?
  • At night now he starts getting cranky around the time Thad goes to bed, and once he's ready for bed and swaddled he usually falls asleep pretty quick. Sleeping either in his rock n' play, or bassinet.
  • During the day he sometimes naps while I hold him, or I'll put him in his Boppy nest.
  • He's becoming more alert, which is fun. Still a sleepy dude, but he's having more awake time. He'll track things short distances. 
  • Actually loves tummy time? It's weird. He's getting so much stronger!

You Might Also Like

0 lovely replies