1 Year!!
2:05 PM
Well, as of 6:25 am this morning (well, if I'd posted this Tuesday, oops), we officially made it!
Thad is 12 months old. What even?!
This month was another sick-y type month. Although, honestly, I can't keep them straight anymore. There was something earlier this month... croup? That he got rid of a few weeks ago, and then this past week started coughing AGAIN. And then the cold symptoms came on. Congestion out the wazoo and everything. Saturday he woke up with the goopy eyes and nose, so we took him to the walk-in clinic. Didn't get to see his normal doctor, and this one just told us he probably has asthma, gave us a new script and sent us on our way without anything for the snot machine. He hasn't been running a fever, and he's eating/acting fairly normally so we've let him be. We'll see if he can kick it this week before his 1-year appointment on Friday.
He's finally starting to do better in his new room at daycare. He's still pretty attached to Miss Kirsten (even when I pick him up, he occasionally reaches back out for her!) but he's letting Miss Cheryl hold him too and he's playing more by himself. I see it more at home, too. Loud noises don't bother him as much (most of the time), and he's definitely on a schedule now with naps. I love it.
Still wanting to be oh-so-independent, he gets frustrated when I don't understand what he wants (from his whining. How dare I?) He's learning he can point to what he wants, and he knows the sign for more (his version, at least). So most of the time he'll wonder into the kitchen and start signing for more. If I pick him up he'll point to his goldfish crackers, or graham cracker sticks, and will start clapping when I pull them out. Stinker.
We all made our first (and second) trip to IKEA! Loved it. We got a few new things for the house, and Thad got a toybox, new car rug, and some cars. It's definitely an adventure out there.
I'm still trying to get used to making small talk with people who also have small kids. Thad likes to stare (of course) or play with other little people. So I have to get used to the "How old? What's his name?" I don't do social situations well. I'm trying.

- 22 pounds, 31.25 inches! Still tall.
- Hasn't grown as much the past month. Still anywhere from 12 months to 2T in clothes
- Eating what we eat all the time now. I love it. I give him pouches for snacks, or when I don't give him enough fruits/veggies. I'm still working on that.
- Dropped his daytime bottles at daycare. He has one 6.5 oz bottle at bedtime, and then he is STILL waking up at least twice and downing 4.5 oz bottles then. Which brings me to...
- With him so sick/teething/whatever all the time he has trouble sleeping through the night. On his best nights he'll sleep from 7-3, and then again from 3:30-whenever we get up. Hopefully as we get rid of the winter weather and sickness, we can start weaning those nighttime feedings down and he'll sleep through the night. Please. Please.
- 4 teeth! Working on 5 and 6. His new amber necklace (I accidentally washed the last one) will be here this week.
- Loves reading. My parents, Sarah, Shawn, and Craig came over this past weekend, and he got books as birthday presents. He was so excited with each one, it was adorable.
- Sticks his tongue out all the time. It's hilairious.
- Will drink from any little-kid cup. My favorite are those 360 cups that are supposed to help transition to open cups. He loves them too.
- Very, very curious. He likes to be close if he doesn't know what's going on, but explores non-stop. I still can't get him to sit and watch a TV show for anything.
- Lowered his crib all the way down.
- Likes to push Scout's paws, and then just let it sing whatever song. Loves music.
- Gets SO EXCITED every time he sees a dog. Pretty excited when he sees cats, too.
- Gives great hugs and high fives
- Doesn't like me feeding him, though he likes trying to feed me food
- Won't even consider eating baby puffs anymore
- Thinks Michael is the funniest person ever.
- My favorite tiny person.
Well, there we have it. I made it 12 months with monthly posts. And 365 days with my picture project on instagram. I love that I'll have these to look back on. I will try to do blog posts every so often... if nothing else but for my memories. Thanks for anyone who's read and kept up and love on our boy the past year. We cannot thank you all enough for the support we have gotten.
Much love,



0 lovely replies