1 Month In!

10:29 AM

I've already turned into one of those parents who says, "How is my baby already x-months old?!" But seriously, it's hard to believe Thad's been here for a month already. It's flown by, and yet he's already become such a big part of our lives. Which... is normal I suppose. All those cliches I kind of giggled at before this kid came along... I think I've said all of them. They're all true, so why not?

We're doing well around here. After the first week home, Michael had to get back to real life as a graduate student. He's done great at transitioning to handling both roles, as I knew he would. Which is good, since he'll be starting work towards his doctorate degree this fall at KU. I'm ridiculously proud of him, and glad to know that we'll be residing in the same town for the next five years or so. Also, I'm going to ask for a vague prayer request for me... just that things will work out as they should - I'd appreciate it.

Anyway, my mom stayed with us the second week, which was great. The third week we headed to Wichita for my brother-in-law's beautiful wedding! I stayed with my parents that week while Michael came back to Lawrence. It was great to spend time with them, though we missed Michael something fierce. Sarah's wedding shower was that weekend (she's getting married in 23 days!) and since then I've been handling the little guy by myself during the days. I'd like to think we're doing pretty well, minus my inability to remember anything anymore. Literally walked around Dillons for a half hour trying to remember what I went in for. I'm feeling about 95% physically - and ready to be working out again.

Enough about me. Time for the little guy. (for me to remember...)


Thad, you're one month old!!
  • You checked in at 10 pounds, and 22 inches yesterday at the doctor. Up a pound and a half and an inch since birth. 
  • You've graduated to size 1 diapers. You're wearing both NB and 0-3 month outfits. Though I think NBs are about done. Your feet barely fit in any sleepers. 
  • Your nicknames (besides Thad) include Bubba, TR, Thad Man, Stretch, Big Foot
  • You drink between 3 and 3.75 ounces every few hours during the day. One bottle closer to 4 ounces at bedtime and when you first wake up. 
  • Your pouty lip will be my demise.
  • You've finally stopped screaming at every diaper change. (!!!)
  • We've been VERY LUCKY that you've slept at least in 3 hour increments at night since we brought you home. You've slept up to about a 4 and a half hour stretch. You'll get changed and swaddled up, and get your last bottle around nine and you're usually pretty quick to fall asleep in your rock n' play.
  • Mom's very glad she downloaded the Wonder Weeks app, because when you suddenly turned into a cranky, inconsolable baby last week, it was nice to see you were in the middle of your first mental growth spurt, and had the symptoms described.
  • The past few days you've mellowed back out. When you're awake after you eat, you even give out some smiles now (the end of one below). It's pretty freakin awesome. You'll also track things and faces a short distance.
  •  
  • You much prefer sleeping on daddy's chest.
  • You love, love, love music. Sometimes it's the only thing that'll calm you down/put you to sleep. Sara Bareilles, Jack Johnson, and Barnaby Bright seem to be your favorites (um and mine)
  • I can't believe how different you look already. Here's one of your newborn pictures at a week and a half old, and then one from today. 

  • You much prefer catnaps during the day. We're working on getting you to nap in your crib. So far we've made it to the pack and play napper.
Basically, I think he's the best ever. Worth everything.   


You Might Also Like

1 lovely replies