Thirty-what?

6:29 PM

First, why didn't someone yell at me for having the wrong to/too in my last post. Honestly. You expect me to proofread my posts? It's not like my dad's an editor or something.

There has been an increase in denial since the last post. I still haven't packed my hospital bag, though I'm attributing that more to laziness now. 

Anyway.

Time is a funny thing, isn't it? I think about how I have just under six weeks until my due date. That doesn't seem so close. Then I unlock my phone and see "41 Days" and I go into panic mode. 41 days seems a lot closer than 6 weeks. And then yesterday, Michael was cleaning out the fridge and mentioned he was throwing out the pickles that expired in October (whoops) and I said, "October?! Have I been pregnant that long!?" and then he asked if I wanted to rethink that question. 

Had my sono/appointment today, and everything looked great. T was moving the whole car ride (45 minutes) from work to the doctor, but as soon as the sono tech needed to get his measurements he curled up into my side. She got him to move around and got the necessary measurements and he's measuring great. Around 5 pounds, 2 ounces (though the doc reminded that can really run a pound either way) and the 44th percentile. (And mom, she said my fluid levels look good.) She said I just hide being pregnant really well, and I'm definitely not complaining. No pictures of his cute little face though, because he's still sitting so low and wouldn't do any tricks for us. He'll have to get over that.

The doctor measured and I'm still 1 and a half to 2 weeks behind. We've officially gone to "Let us know if you have any contractions" to "Let us know if you have contractions that are 2 to 5 minutes apart for an hour." and after the 36 week appointment I'll be heading there weekly and HOW ARE WE AT THE END ALREADY. It has gone so slow and yet so, so fast. She also commented on his bony little butt hanging out near my ribs. Oh yes, I know.

Things are coming together - I spent yesterday re-organizing the nursery, getting all of his ridiculously tiny clothes washed and hung up, the pack and play is set up downstairs, I made sure the car seat and base would fit into the Bug. The only big things we have left to get are the rock n' play, the crib mattress, and a second car seat base. 

Oh, and Michael starts classes again next week. I'm only a little panicked about that. It's been so nice having him home every evening, and he's been able to help out more with cleaning and cooking. Alas, such is life as a grad student's wife.

Onwards!


How Far Along? 34 weeks
Symptoms: Sleeping sucks. I feel huge. But then I feel I can't complain without people who are due at the same time as me going "ummmmmmmmmmexcuseyouno"
Total Weight Gain/Loss: 13 pounds. I was surprised I'd only gained another three. I was expecting about ten, and having to say, "But doc! You should have seen how many mint no bake cookies I ate in three days!"
Food Cravings: Well now I want more mint no bakes.
Best Moment This Week semi-Month: The second baby shower. It was amazing to get my friends into one room like that and just talk to everyone. Very blessed to have all of you in my life supporting me (us). My sisters threw a great shower.
Movement: Lots of rolling type movements and pushing up and out. Alien-style.
Labor Signs: None!
Gender: Boy!
What I Miss: Not having random pains.
What I Am Looking Forward To: Getting everything else put together and ready to go. And I'm honestly really ready to hold him.
Milestones: 34 weeks... no longer will they stop it if I go into labor. Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.
Comments: Ready or not...

You Might Also Like

0 lovely replies