28 Weeks (and some change)

5:14 PM

And just like that, it's December.

And we're in the double digits (82) until T's due date.

And I am blatantly ignoring all of the things we still need to get for him/his nursery.

And it's getting cold. I've suddenly turned into my dad and would just rather it not get cold or snow and why can't it just be 75 all the time?

Really, though. Things are flying. I think I'll start updating every 2 weeks since I'm in my third trimester (whaaat) and I'm seeing the doctor every two weeks anyway (and a few friends promised I'm not bugging anyone with these blog updates). I had my 28 week appointment yesterday, which included a sonogram and the glucose test.

My belly's still measuring small, so my doctor wanted to get a repeat ultrasound to make sure that the little dude is still growing as he should... and everything looked great. He's around 2 and a half pounds (54th percentile) and is head down. Waaay down. The ultrasound tech commented on how low he was and said, "You must have to pee all the time!" which... I don't. Baby's playing nice for now. She also commented on how strong he was after he decided to kick the wand a few times. I'm not sure if it's just because he's that strong, or if there's just not much between him and the outside, but I definitely feel and can see him move so often. I feel like he never sleeps (though, as I write this he's been quiet. Must be the music.) except every time Michael comes into the room.

After the ultrasound I ran by the lab and got my sugar-y drink. Which wasn't nearly as bad as everyone made it out to be. It was like the orange Hi-C with extra sugar. I downed it on the walk from the lab to my check-in station. Michael was impressed. Appointment went well, the doc okay-ed my birth plan, though I'm still measuring small... about 2 or 3 weeks behind. She said if it stays that way I'll probably have to have another ultrasound in about a month.

Everything else here is good. I am very, very, verrry ready for Michael to be done for the semester. It hasn't been an easy one. Our Baby Care class is on Sunday. Yay? Yay.

I know. Still small. 
How Far Along? 28 weeks
Symptoms: Honestly, I have nothing to complain about.
Total Weight Gain/Loss: Up 8 pounds. (YAY!)
Food Cravings: All the salt. Still french fries and chicken nuggets. Apples with peanut butter.
Best Moment This Week Month: Getting his car seat in last night. Seeing his cute little profile on the sono again yesterday. Thanksgiving with the fam!
Movement: All. The. Time. Still nowhere close to my ribs (hooray for being tall!)
Labor Signs: None! Had some Braxton-Hicks in the past few weeks, but some water takes care of those.
Gender: Boy!
What I Miss: I am not good at being the center of attention and the bump draws attention. I'm ready to be back in the shadows.
What I Am Looking Forward To: Baby Care class. Continuing to work on the nursery.
Milestones: No big ones. Still right on schedule for his growth. Michael, somehow, hadn't noticed how you could see the kid moving from the outside and I was laying down the other day and he saw it and was astonished. "*insert kid name* what are you doing?!" It was cute.
Comments: My mom made the comment, and the ultrasound tech echoed, that the little dude will take what he needs to grow big and strong and I'm really glad he does. I promise everyone I'm eating (what feels like all the time) and I'm getting enough protein. We're good here.

You Might Also Like

2 lovely replies