In which I panic and then don't
7:40 PMI'm back... mainly to write a post of thoughts floating around in my head that I need to get out.
Plenty of thoughts about the trial today... but I can't get into that without getting upset at people. So I won't.
Mainly.. school starts in a month and a half. Which is all freaky by itself.. but it's going to be the start of my last two semesters. I know they're going to fly by, especially because I'll be starting the look for "big people" jobs, Michael will be applying for grad schools and doing auditions... just a lot going on.
I've gotten very comfortable with our schedules here. We've spent our whole married lives in this groove. We go to school, we go to work, we hang out at the apartment. This semester, that's going to start changing. Slowly, which is good. I'm not so great with change.
At the same time, I'm ready for next summer to happen. I'm ready to start the next chapter of our lives. Me working, him... well, still going to school, but doing grad work. Moving into a bigger place, getting a dog, saving money for a house, all that stuff. I'm ready to get started.
Moving also means... It's time for me to get rid of some crap. I'm not a hoarder by any means, but I definitely have too much stuff just sitting around. And I need to start going through it soon. I don't want May to come around next year and not have any packing done. Part of me wants to start packing up some stuff now, but that would just mean more clutter, and we need our second bedroom for a study this year.
Phew. Basically, it's crazy to me that this time next year I will probably be out of Manhattan, and onto other things. I'm ready to get that started.
This summer is more of the same boring. I'm working, hanging out with family and friends, travelling to Wichita and doing a lot of reading. Had a few photoshoots with babies, too. I love taking pictures of little ones. They're just so adorable.
And spending too much time on Pinterest.
Oh! And P90X is still going well. We're in to week 6, which means we're just about halfway done! That's pretty awesome. I can definitely tell a difference in my endurance, and I've gained some more muscle. Mike has lost weight (no matter what he says) and I'm feeling great. He still hates it pretty much all the time. I like it, though.
I'll leave you with a picture of me and Michael on our anniversary. I set a timer on the camera and ran out to smile. (I have since bought a remote for the camera, so the self-timer need is no more!)
2 lovely replies