Fail... and Marriage
4:35 PMOh, look, Alex couldn't workout with her video for 30 days in a row.
Fail.
I'm disappointed... Sometimes I have the horrible habit of not finishing things that I start... mostly with exercising. I'm good with schoolwork and housework... But some things like logic puzzles and 30-day workouts, apparently I can't handle. I was planning on starting back up on Saturday, but I ended up doing homework that turned out to be ridiculously difficult, and then I spent yesterday filing taxes (money!!!) and the fafsa.
I am kinda sad that I don't just get to go and blow all of our tax money.
Being an adult is lame.
But we're talking about using some of it to get a newer, nicer tv (ours is dying) and a new entertainment center... Leaving the rest for saving for a car. It's a debate going on right now. I'm against it (though it would be great to have a new TV and an entertainment center that doesn't tilt.) and he's pretty much all for it. We found a good deal for both, but we're going to wait a little longer and feel it out. Do you have a flatscreen LCD TV? What brand is it, and are you happy with it?
Though I didn't go 30 straight days, I still plan to work out with the DVD. I'm very curious to see what Level 3 is like, and I'll probably do that tomorrow and do Level 2 tonight.
Last night, I was going to make Shepherd's Pie, but I didn't have any beef broth. I remembered that I'd favorited Mexican Shepherd's Pie at one point, and decided to try it. And oh, man, was it tasty. Michael and I don't like diced tomatoes, so I left those out, and doubled the cornbread recipe after reading some reviews, and it turned out great! I even just ate some leftovers... Still tasty. Everyone should check it out!
The other reason I decided to post was because of an interesting conversation I had today with a girl in my geography class. I'd mentioned that Michael had texted to tell me that there had been a bomb threat in his building (which amounted to nothing... there was going to be a big speaker there today and so I'm sure it was just a prank...) and after a few minutes she asked, "So do you like being married?" I smiled and replied with, "Yeah, I really do." What she said next completely surprised me.
"I don't." and then she laughed.
I was taken aback. She mentioned that her husband isn't around much, so it didn't really matter, and she didn't even wear her wedding ring. I kinda laughed and said, "well whatever works?" because I'm horrible in those kind of situation, and I really don't know her at all. She replied with, "I know! That's what I say." And then class started.
I.. don't even really know what to say about this. I can't judge her, because I don't know her, or her back story. I just wrote out all these different thoughts on marriage, but I can't get anything to sound "right".
Mostly, I think it hurts me to see married people not caring about their significant other... To not try at all to work on their union. Being married's not easy. Most people go into marriage knowing that, but the thing is that you have to love the person you're with enough to spend the rest of your lives working on your relationship. It's an adventure. It has its highs, and its lows, just like life. But through it all, you love each other.
I think it's an absolutely beautiful thing.
And worth every second.
For now, I'm off to do some more homework. Mike and I are heading back to Wichita this weekend to visit my family, and I'm very, very excited. Need some more pictures of those cute little kids. =)
much love,
alex
3 lovely replies