Just Another Day
6:02 PM"Long walks in the dark, through woods grown behind the park. I asked God who I'm supposed to be. The stars smiled down on me, God answered in silent reverie. I said a prayer and fell asleep. I had a dream."
"Dream" by Priscilla Ahn
Priscilla Ahn is another one of those quieter indie girl artists... kinda like Sara Bareilles, Ingrid Michaelson and Rachael Yamagata. I love that song... you should check it out.
Michael and I are almost all the way through this past season of the Office.
I love it. So excited for this coming season, no doubt. And actually, today I bought a three pack of legal pads... that have to do with The Office. I don't usually use legal pads.. but they're awesome. and I'm sure Michael will use them.
My nieces and nephew started school yesterday. They're all all day now.. Megan in kindergarten, Madi in first grade, and Gage in second. I can't believe how big they are already! But baby Garrett is still stuck at home with mom.. But he's got a pretty awesome shirt, so that's okay..
He's six weeks old today, too. Pretty cute, huh? I also recently downloaded Gimp for our desktop, and got to playing around with it.. (It's a free image editor that's supposedly a lot like Photoshop...)
Now that I see it on my laptop, I see I've missed a spot... but I'll deal with it later. If you're looking for a free photo editor, I'd definitely highly recommend Gimp... it's good stuff.
I'm almost ready for classes to start... next Monday. I bought my engineering paper today ($7 for 200 sheets. ugh. Ridiculous) and have pens and pencils ready... I only haven't bought one book, plus my biochem lab stuff... but that'll have to wait for after classes start.
Michael and I went and saw the Time Traveler's Wife on Friday... and while (of course) I thought the book was better.... they hit a lot of the main points. And I still got teary at the end. Michael just thought it was horrible depressing. And if you're looking for a good book (trilogy) to read, I'd check out the Mortal Instruments Trilogy. That's a link to the first book. It has the same kind of sci-fi feel as Twilight... and it's considered a Young Adult book, but it's good. I'm on the second book right now. They're pretty quick reads, but still good. Anyway.. if you're bored.
And heck, if you're looking for a good musical, check out Next to Normal. Shannon saw it on Broadway and told me how great it was, so I've been listening pretty much nonstop. Consequently the songs have been stuck in my head all of the freaking time. So I listen some more. It's a vicious circle.
I'm hoping once classes start back up, I'll start updating more again, as I'll be looking for ways to avoid studying. Heh. So yeah... For now, I'm off to cook dinner.

2 lovely replies