Oh, summer.

3:59 PM

"Air still trapped while I still can't breathe, and I'm screaming out. Give me hope somehow, and I know, yeah I know, yeah I know you stay true when my world is false. Everything around's breaking down my chaos."
-"Chaos" by Mute Math

Mute Math is a new discovery of mine... New as in I've only listened to Chaos, but I like what I hear so far...

I've finally got my blog look to a point where I'm at least kind of happy with it. I designed it by myself (as if you couldn't tell.. it definitely doesn't look like those on TCBOTB...) but I'm proud that I actually did something. Though, I'm pretty sure this means I have too much time on my hands. I'm not real used to having nothing to do during the day. I've been spending too much time inside, so today I went out to an elementary school playground down the block, and read a little bit. (A Carl Hiaasen book... one of my dad's favorite author's...) I also took the camera and decided to take a few pictures...

IMG_2201

IMG_2208

IMG_2210

I'm starting to feel more comfortable with the camera... and even not completely shunning the telephoto lens we got as a wedding present from Michael's dad.

It's weird not having any sort of TV channels, too. I've had cable ever since I can remember, so I'm kind of floundering, here. It's cool that most shows are online now, but, of course, So You Think You Can Dance, the one summer show I watch, they don't put online. I have to go scouring high and low, through some sketchy sites... but thankfully I can still find at least parts of the shows. I'm really happy I got to see this dance on Wednesday...

Photobucket

Photobucket

Hot, right? (He really did rip her dress). They're not even my favorite couple on the show... The guy who choreographed that dance was from season 2... great dancer, and apparently choreographer. The two dancers who did it are contemporary dancers, so it's their style, but the way they were in sync through everything's just amazing. Oh, if only I could dance.

I'm not ready for all of the stress that classes will bring another month and a half from now.. but I think I'm ready to start having things to do again. I dunno.

But, if you'll excuse me, I'm going to go play Sims 3... one other thing that keeps me occupied now... Ooh, or make no-bakes. There's an idea...

You Might Also Like

4 lovely replies