Baaabies!
9:04 PM"Cause when I looked into your eyes, and you dared to stare right back, you should have said, 'Nice to meet you, I'm your other half' "
-"The Best Thing" by Relient K
I've loved Relient K for years. They've got all sorts of good stuff out there. Mood Rings, anyone?! =)
So, tomorrow, I'm heading back to Manhattan. And though I'm really excited to see Michael, I'm sad that I have to say goodbye to the rest of my family. I love all of them, and it's great to be around them.
I also love babies.
Baby fingers and toes and smells (well, the good ones) and grunts and whimpers...
and gadgets...
And holding them... and all sorts of other things about them. Ever since I was little, I've been fascinated by them, and it's always been my biggest dream to be a mom. As I've grown up, none of that's gone away. But now, it's been put more into prospective, because I've realized that I need to get through college and get a job, so I can provide the best possible life for my kids. So, of course, the plan (ooh, but you know what they say about "the best-laid-plans"...) is to get out of school and all that jazz... but I still can't wait for the day when I can have a family. I've got an amazing husband, who is going to be a fantastic father, and an amazing support system through my family.
After Garrett was born the other day, all sorts of stuff dawned on me. It was amazing to see my brother-in-law really step into the father role with a newborn. Also, how we've all spent nine months talking about the baby, and what he'll look like, and how he was kicking the crap out of my sister, and he comes out and he's just a little stranger to us still. Beth is learning what each of his cries mean... his facial expressions...
and now we try to figure out what his personality is going to be like. And all of it is just such a blessing, and babies will never be anything but miracles to me.
Oh goodness. Okay. I'm done. Basically, I'll be really excited to start a family. For now, I'll just deal with my Chemical Process Analysis classes, (and others of the sort) and all sorts of labs... because... I have to. I'll get my kid fix through my nieces and nephews, because they're great kids.
Hopefully I'll have something cool to blog about one of these days... :) Until then, you all get to deal with classes and nieces and nephews and husbands.. ooooh boy! but, until next time..
much love,
alex
1 lovely replies