5:33 PM

Holy college Batman!!

Some of my friends were watching the really old and ridiculous Batman and Robin at a movie night. It was hilarious, and I was exhausted, which made it more hilarious. And there was exploding sealife. Anyway... that was random...

I leave for college in two days. Truthfully, I'm scared senseless. I have all these people telling me it'll be ok, and I know it will be eventually, but the whole thought of it scares me. I really don't want to live in the dorms. I know it'll be a good experience for me, but the community everything... it doesn't excite me at all. My courseload scares me too. I'm regretting signing up for Calc 2. I keep hearing about how hard it is. I plan on going to class, and getting help if I need to, but truthfully, I've never been good at asking for help.

Plus my family will be far away. I'm such a homebody, and I'm so close to my whole family, that being away from them will not be easy. I know I'll be able to keep in touch, and for goodness sake, I'll be back in three weeks, but still. I'll have Michael up there, and I know he'll be there whenever I need him. Actually there's quite a few people I know, and it'll be nice having them there.

I think most of this scared-ness is... I don't want to fail. Not just with classes, but in general. I plan on working hard, and being careful. I want to be able to conquer this, and look back and be proud of what I've done. I'm finally ready to grow up. I've got a lot I want to do with the rest of my life, and this is just the beginning.

Anyway. This is all random. I'll probably start posting more, for people back home who feel like reading it. Who knows, maybe I'll even post pictures once I get a memory card for my camera.

So until next time... Godspeed.

You Might Also Like

1 lovely replies