Double Digits! 10 Months.

12:15 PM

Check out this kid. How ridiculous. And busy. All the time.



More new firsts, all the time. Including this morning, when, in a two minute span, he clapped his hands on his own (but won't do it when we ask), and decided to climb the stairs. Climb them like he's been climbing them for weeks? Which he definitely couldn't/wouldn't do yesterday. What even. Anyway... This past month included Christmas... My favorite time of year. Michael and I didn't get him much because we knew we had several Christmases to go to and he'd be getting plenty of toys. And now our living room looks like a toy store. A very unorganized one. We're going to have to make an Ikea run one of these days to get a toy box.

As usual, reminded that Christmas is my favorite holiday. The feeling of all of my family being together and enjoying each other's company is like nothing else. Games, food (oh so much food), and just all around love. I wish I could just spend a few days at my parent's with all of my family playing games and eating too much food.

One thing I wasn't quite prepared for that's gotten worse is Thad's shyness. I was hoping that since he goes to daycare it wouldn't be so bad.. and maybe it's not as bad as it could be... but as of late he really only wants to be comforted by me when I'm around. If he knows I'm around he'll cry, eventually screaming with big crocodile tears. Breaks my heart way worse than I thought it would. Most mornings I can get him playing with Michael and then sneak out, but I guess he's starting to be sad when Michael leaves him at daycare, too. :( I felt especially bad at Christmas, when he wouldn't want anyone else to hold him. Even Michael. I know he'll grow out of it, but it's still hard now. We get pictures of him being all happy and playing and then we take him out and he's just quiet and clingy. Makes a liar out of me. Punk.

He gets very quiet and cautious when in a new place, or when people he doesn't see often show up at ome. After about 15 minutes he starts to loosen up but he still stays close. Makes going on dates hard. Plus, his top two teeth are trying to come through. I've been able to see them for over a week now but they still haven't broken through! Poor kid.

The other big news is that he's starting to transition to the one-year-olds room at daycare next week! I was caught a little off-guard because, well, he's only 10 months. But they have twins starting in the infant room next week and want to get a couple babies moved up. So T and his friend Joe are heading up. He's walking more and more and they think he's ready. I can't believe we're already here? It feels like it was just last month that he started daycare (though our bank account will happily tell you differently)



(we bought a new humidifier and had to move his end table around to this side of the crib. I was too lazy to unplug and move everything. And reset the clock.)
  • Over 20 pounds now and my guess is over 30 inches. Recently seemed like he thinned out again.
  • 12 and 12-18 month clothes. 18 month onesies for sure. He's just so tall.
  • Eating 3 meals a day, plus snacks. Still getting formula 4 times a day for between 20 and 30 ounces. Trying to make his daytime feedings in sippy cups since he's moving up. 
  • Pretty much done with purees. While I never minded making them, I'm glad to be done. We keep pouches on hand because we still don't eat enough vegetables and he loves them. Otherwise he's eating table food and I love it. He's great at feeding himself, though using a fork/spoon is still forever away.
  • Favorite foods are anything potato (fries, mashed, gnochhi...) and bread. And any pouch food.
  • He's understanding more and more now. He'll repeat "All done", and when we say "Uh oh" he'll say the "UH?" part. And he and Michael yell "AH!" to each other every day. If he has something he shouldn't (and isn't eating it), if we hold out our hand he'll usually give it to us.
  • Sleep is such an ebb and flow thing. Completely messed up while we were gone for Christmas because he doesn't sleep great in his pack and play. But since we've gotten back he's actually slept through the night (until 4 or so) every night. Then wakes up to eat and goes back to sleep for a bit. Much better than the waking multiple times a night thing.
  • Trying to do just one nap at daycare and he actually does pretty well. But at home we're not exciting enough and he usually still takes two naps.
  • Puts toys in different spots. Pacifier in his ball ramp. Slippers on the entertainment center. Shoes in boxes. 
  • Takes his shoes and places them on top of his feet and looks at us like, "Here! Look at what I did!"
  • Obsessed with the TV. Doesn't like watching TV, but sure like's trying to touch it. He likes a new game of instead of touching he'll walk from the entertainment center to the couch
  • Speaking of, he can stand for minutes at a time and can walk 10-15 feet. Way prefers to be standing and any time I check-in the daycare cam he's pushing something around the room. Another reason to move up - so he's not running over the babies. 
  • Definitey dancing to music now. Any music.
  • As much as he likes putting things in weird places, he does okay with putting blocks away. 
  • Bath time is HIS FAVORITE. He gets so excited when the tub is filling up.
He makes us laugh every single day. Enjoying this time because I know it's fleeting.


Also. The only way to get him to sit still on his back on his rug is to give him something to entertain him. Which, recently, has been the radio. Say Anything, anyone?

























You Might Also Like

0 lovely replies