40 weeks - Eviction Notice Set

5:44 PM

Already his father's son, showing up late...

(Just mostly kidding, I love you, Michael)

Here we are. After I was so worried about going early... Due date's gone and passed. Everyone seems impatient. Believe me, I'm feeling the same way. Had a biophysical profile ultrasound done today at the doctor to make sure T was still happy and healthy in there. He practiced his breathing and moved his hands and feet - basically passed with flying colors.

The doc came in and I reported that, nope - still no regular contractions. I'm not ridiculously  uncomfortable compared to most people 40+ weeks pregnant. She offered to check me and strip my membranes but... meh. It might not do anything, so we just decided to go ahead and set up and induction date and if he decides to come before then, he will. 

So, officially, my check-in time for L&D is Sunday night at 7:30. I'm not expecting anything exciting to happen until Monday. Hopefully Monday. Maybe Tuesday. It's really nice to have a final date set. And honestly I'll be okay with waiting until then. Michael has some PhD stuff to do later this week and the last thing he needs is a newborn or a wife in labor on top of all of that. 

I guess I can handle having a March baby. Share a birth month with Aunt Beth, Uncle Phil, and Grandma Kathy. 

Um, the DSLR was upstairs and I was downstairs. And I've given up on pants that aren't sweats.

How Far Along? 40 Weeks, 1 Day.
Symptoms: Plenty of BH contractions. Occasional real contractions. Large baby playing punch-moms-hips-and-ribs.
Total Weight Gain/Loss: 20 pounds. Finally broke the 20 pound mark.
Food Cravings: Not much. French friessss.
Best Moment This Week semi-Month: Getting an induction date. Non-baby related - enjoying these last few moments with Michael.
Movement: Every little thing. Some days are more active than others. Right now he's pushing all over the place.
Labor Signs: Maybe contractions. Sure.
Gender: Boy. Boy. Boy.
What I Miss: Normal sleep. Something I'll never get again.
What I Am Looking Forward To: Seeing what this silly kid looks like. 
Milestones: Full-term!
Comments: Now that we set a date, T will probably decide he's ready to come out on his own. Or maybe not. After he's born I'll eventually get around to updating again! 

You Might Also Like

0 lovely replies