20 Weeks & Gender Reveal!
5:06 PM
Hey-lo everyone! As promised, I'm back after the big ultrasound yesterday. After the inconclusive wives tales tests below, I thought I'd poll facebook friends to see if they thought Thing 1 was a boy or girl. There were 9 votes for boy, 5 for girl, a few for Wildcat (as if that wasn't a given...). I'd flopped back and convinced myself it was a girl. It just seemed right. So we went in and the results were...
Thing 1 is indeed a boy! Measuring perfectly, with everything looking great. The tech was great at explaining what we were looking at. Little dude was really active at first and she was having trouble measuring, and then just like that he curled up in a ball and was out. So then she had trouble measuring again. Had to shake my stomach a few times to get him awake and moving again. He made her work to see he was, indeed, a boy... but after she found what we were looking for initially, he made it very clear for the rest of the ultrasound. Here are a couple pictures...
Towards the end, when he decided to fold in half.
Sweetest little profile.
I couldn't be more happy that everything looks great, and that my weight loss hasn't effected his growth (he was about 13 ounces [lucky number!] which is a few ounces more than all my baby books/websites/apps said he would be at this point). Michael and I are... seriously ecstatic. Only partially because we get to go play with the registry gun at Target this weekend.
Here's the 20 week update! (gotta stop wearing black in these pictures)
How Far Along? 20 weeks, 3 days
Symptoms: Trouble staying asleep some nights. No sickness anymore!
Total Weight Gain/Loss: At my 18 week appointment, I was back up to just being 2 pounds under prepregnancy weight. I'm sure I'm up past it now.
Food Cravings: Salt. French fries. Potatoes.
Best Moment This Week Month: Honestly, hearing everything was great yesterday. I feel so much better about everything.
Movement: Yes! Much stronger the past several days. I love it. He's started moving around after I sneeze, which I always chuckle at. He pushed back against the sonographer yesterday too.
Labor Signs: None! Better stay that way.
Gender: Boy! Little dude. My new guy. Ahhhh.
What I Miss: Running. I've gone too long without doing it and so I'm sticking to yoga and walking.
What I Am Looking Forward To: Registering this weekend! More movement.
Milestones: Hm. Still got nothing here.
Comments: I think I covered all of it up there.
ALSO Happy 12th Birthday to my oldest nephew, Gage!! Love you buddy!




1 lovely replies