Sometimes princesses can save themselves...
8:55 PM"I'm well versed in how I might be cursed, I don't need it articulated."
-"Machine Gun" by Sara Bareilles
Say what? Alex is blogging?! Oh geez.
It's true. I'm alive and blogging. The past couple weeks have been pretty jam-packed of all sorts of stuff. Mainly school. Lots of school, and all school entails. Studying, test-taking, homework. Classes are going pretty well for the most part. Except the Harry Potter paper I haven't started. My engineering classes are still difficult, but I got an A on my last Transport test. Which means I'm not failing anymore! (I really haven't been failing for awhile. But now I'm really not failing).
Plus, I've been working a lot more since the holidays are coming up. It's a good thing I like my job. Except when people pay with money from their bra. (Loving the strikethroughs today). I'm not loving that I have to work Black Friday, which is usually my Christmas shopping day. That's probably okay since I have no idea what I want to get half of my family members.
This past week has been pretty insane. The last week of classes before Thanksgiving break. Last Sunday, Michael and I saw Sara Bareilles in concert, and she was even more amazing than I thought she'd be. Pictures?? Of course.
She was hilarious. Liberty Hall's pretty small, and so when people would scream random things at her, she'd talk back.Oh, and the title of my post is what she said right before she sang "Fairytale".
Her band, when they were doing a cover of Radiohead's "Nice Dream". Brilliant.
She sang a good mix of stuff off of her recent cd and her last cd. Love Song, King of Anything, Uncharted... This is when she sang "Gravity". Absolutely beautiful. (Notice the blue piano and pirate rubber ducky).
For the last part of her encore, she sang "Many the Miles". For the last part of it she climbed on her piano and sang the crap out of it. It was... guh.
I have about a billion more pictures from that night, but I won't bother you with them.
Mike and I got back late Sunday. Had class Monday and Tuesday, then on Wednesday I went to Wichita and saw Spring Awakening (again) with Debra. It's a new tour round, so it was a completely different cast than I'd seen before. It was definitely my favorite. Love, love, loved it. I would never get tired of seeing that musical.
I woke up bright and early on Thursday to get back in time for class. I started getting a chest cold on Tuesday, and by Thursday it was in full bloom. Still, I trucked on, and Thursday night we saw Harry Potter & The Deathly Hallows. *insert squeeing* Midnight release. It was pretty epic. I won't spoil it for any one who hasn't seen it yet... but I had just read the book, and I thought they did a really goo job with it. Definitely my favorite so far. And now I love Emma Watson.
Friday was a long and sleep deprived day... and then Saturday I was supposed to run a 5k with Michael, Sarah, Sarah's boyfriend, and our friend, Andy. Well... My chest cold had completely taken over by Saturday morning, and after a phone call from my dad, I decided to sit it out. Everyone else ran and did an amazing job, and I loved cheering them on.
The rest of yesterday and today, Michael and I have been way taking advantage of having nothing to do. A lot of resting for me (I'm... almost starting to feel better) and playing of Assassin's Creed Brotherhood for the both of us.
And because I want to.. I took this picture on my phone of me and Garrett a week and a half ago.
His faces are the best thing. Ever.


1 lovely replies