Another New Year...
3:40 PM"This is my winter song to you. The storm is coming soon, it rolls in from the sea. My love a beacon in the night, my words will be your light to carry you to me."
-"Winter Song" by Sara Bareilles & Ingrid Michaelson
Those two should sing together more often. Both have beautiful voices and together, it's amazing.
I know, I know, I said I would update more over break. But break has turned into lots of running around between work and hanging out with family.
I hope that everyone had a great Christmas... I had an amazing (several) Christmas(es) full of love. There was lots of laughter and gift giving, and I couldn't have asked for anything more. A few pictures from Christmas with my family...
Spinners on the tree
Santa-Garrett
My sisters, sister-in-law and I had matching pjs.
Then, a couple of days after Christmas, I went out with my older sister and her four kids (Gage, 8, Madison, 6, Megan, 5, and Garrett, 5 months) on a little adventure in the snow. We went to a park, and I got some great pictures of them.
Most recently, I traveled to Oklahoma with Michael, my mom, Beth, Phil & Garrett to see my cousin get married and ring in the new year. We made it to the hotel and all got ready and then set off with the help of Mike's GPS to get us to the hotel. Well... We ended up in the middle of nowhere, the GPS saying that the church was located on a "Keep Out!" sign on a barbed wire fence. Oops. We ended up being about 15 miles exactly north of where we needed to be, and showed up in the nick of time for the wedding. The wedding was beautiful, and the company was great. Sadly, I'd forgotten the memory card for my camera and so I didn't get any pictures that night.
After the wedding, we headed to my aunt's house. We all took turns playing Wii and finally rang in the new year. During the countdown, I remember telling Michael, "Wait... no.. I don't think I'm ready for another year." I would have been perfectly content to stop time right then. The past year has been a great one for me... Survived two more semesters of school, got married to my best friend, welcomed a new nephew and just grew as a person. I'm not one for making resolutions, so I haven't, but I know that this year will be full of great things as well, and I am very excited to keep growing in every aspect of my life.
Anyway... New Year's Day, I bought a memory card, and we played some more Wii at my aunt's house.
Beth planning to sabotage...
Beth sabotaging.
And posing.
Garrett is one of the happiest babies ever.
So that's basically my life in a nutshell recently. Things keep trucking on.. .days flying by. I'm definitely just here for the ride.
Until next time...
alex
1 lovely replies