Take Two
2:39 PM"I Believe."
- from Spring Awakening.
Yup.
Just a warning, this is pretty much a crazy post about seeing Spring Awakening last night. A bunch of randomness. Because I have no one to rant to here. Michael will listen, but I know he's not interested. So..my poor blog friends... you get to listen.
It. Was. AMAZING.
Just like the first time. I'd just forgotten how amazing it is.
Two of the main characters were played by different people this time. Jake Epstein is playing Melchior now. I will admit, at first, I was a bit wary. Jake was on Degrassi, which I watched for awhile. He was great on there, but his character, Craig, didn't get with Ellie and I got mad and stopped watching didn't make me sure Jake could do Broadway. But he can. Most definitely. He threw some acting stuff in there that was different from the last time I saw it, and it was great. He has a great voice, too. I think he kind of approached Melchior differently, than Kyle Riabko, which is cool. He made Melchior his own. Amazing. I'm pretty sure his "Left Behind" is my favorite so far.
And then Taylor Trensch played Moritz, and I think he just started a couple weeks ago. He was great, too. He did a fantastic job, and especially "Don't do Sadness/Blue Wind" was ... gah. He and Steffi D got so into it that I wanted to get up and rock out.
I didn't think the people around me would appreciate that. Especially the old couple behind us who wouldn't shut up. People.
But, I digress.
Everyone else was just as amazing. I heard so many compliments on everyone's voices and they are so right. Every person on that cast is extremely talented. They always give it their all, and I love how into the music everyone gets. Even the band. And the swings that are sitting on stage. I definitely teared up at several points during the show. At first because I was so excited to be there (lame) and then during "Touch Me", just because it's one of my favorite songs and the harmonies and... yeah. Of course I teared up during the sad parts, and then during "Song of Purple Summer". The harmonies of that song are so amazing. Even Michael made a comment about it. And it was over. So. Sad.
But the raw energy of "Totally F'ed" is just.. insane. When Jake screamed "Yes!" people were cheering and then, of course, I got major chills after that when they stop and turn and shout the blah blah part to the audience. It was intense. And after some consideration, I decided I like the new "Whispering". *thumbs up*
And I'm pretty sure I could go on for forever about the amazing-ness and how everybody should see it, and how I was excited that I only saw one couple get up and leave (silly Kansans) and all that jazz. But I should probably stop and go do homework.
But if you haven't listened to the soundtrack and you aren't too easily offended... check it out. So. Much. Love. Forever and ever. If the tour gets near here again, I'm definitely buying stage seats, because that's the next steps. Hopefully I wouldn't have a complete breakdown.
I'd be good.
1 lovely replies