Love Never Fails
9:12 PM"Make a wish and place it in your heart. Anything you want, everything you want. Do you have it? Good. Now believe it can come true. You never know where the next miracle is gonna come from, the next smile, the next wish come true. But if you believe that it's right around the corner, and you open your heart and mind to the possibility of it, to the certainty of it. You just might get the thing you're wishing for. The world is full of magic. You just have to believe in it. So make your wish. Do you have it? Good. Now believe in it. With all your heart."
-One Tree Hill... season 5 episode 13 - "Echoes, Silence, Patience and Grace"
So that's where the quote in my header came from.. for those who didn't know. =)
If Michael wouldn't kill me, I'd write my vows completely from quotes from One Tree Hill and Grey's Anatomy.
But something tells me that wouldn't go over very well. Oh well.
So I'm back to working at the SBC in Borders here in town. I love it. It's really not much different than working in Manhattan, but for some reason, I like it more here. Meh. Anyway... I went in to check my schedule the other day, and I was talking to one of my managers when she asked me a question that I do get (mostly from people I'm not as close to) sometimes...
Why are you deciding to get married so young and soon (after the engagement... 6 months)?
And for a long time, I didn't know how to answer it. I would give some lame excuse about how we were going to move to CO, but then that fell through and we just decided to get married anyway. But really?
I know we're young. Believe me, I get that. But anyone who knows me &/or Michael relatively well knows that we're fairly mature people, who are completely crazy for each other. Since we've gotten close, he has become my best friend. He's always the first person I tell things to, and he makes me laugh more than I thought could be possible... But that's all kind of besides the point. The point is, I am so in love with him, and I know that I am going to be spending the rest of my life with him... So why wait to start that leg of the journey (marriage) any longer? Life is way too short as it is. We all know that things happen to even the best people. Tragedies happen. And I know that if someday, something were to happen to him and we waited to get married... my one regret would be not marrying him sooner. I don't want that to happen. I'm ready to completely share my highs and lows, good days and bad days, joy and sorrows, with this man. Who also loves me more than I ever deserved. And I am not ashamed to be getting married a month shy of 20. I know that I will be loving Michael every day for the rest of my life.
So there. In case any of you were wondering why I am stressing myself to gray hairs why we're getting married now... There you have it. Agree or disagree if you will... but I'm pretty dang excited that this thing is going down in three and a half weeks. (!!!) Of course, I won't be seeing Michael for another 2 weeks, and then after 2 days, he'll be gone for another 6 days... but then.. we be gettin' hitched. =)
On a completely unrelated subject... I've already decided to add another show to my obsession love list...
This, my friends, is Glee. There was a sneak peek on Fox last night, and it's currently free to download the Pilot on iTunes. That girl in the animation was the lead Wendla for the OBC Spring Awakening. She's pretty much amazing. It's a comedy about the Glee Club at a high school. I'd highly recommend it.
And So You Think You Can Dance starts tomorrow!! Let the obsessing OBSESSING (over the amazing dances the people do) begin!
Friday I'm having a date night with my 7-year-old nephew. It's pretty much going to be a blast, and I'll be sure to take plenty of pictures.
But for now, if you'll excuse me, I'm off to my date with Godiva dark chocolate covered almonds, Coke, and Bride Wars...
much love,
alex
3 lovely replies