11 Months

5:05 PM

This dude is constantly cracking us up. 

 

January was more of an icky month for us. Started off all right, but then Thad came down with some sort of either sinus or ear infection... that cleared up with antibiotics. A week after finishing the antibiotics he came down with the flu. That stuff is no joke. It struck fast and hard. He was fine when we dropped him off at daycare one morning, and had a fever over 101 by noon. He (and I) have been through a round of Tamiflu, and though he's hanging onto his cough, he's doing a lot better. (I also caught the flu a few days after starting Tamiflu, but thankfully I was just super sick for a couple days. Feel really bad for the people that have that junk for a week and a half!)

After consulting with the state, it was figured out Thad couldn't start the one's room until closer to 11 months... Well he officially started about a week ago. He's having a bit of a rough transition. He still doesn't do great with new places and lots of noise, and this involves both. He's getting there though, I think. Hopefully. He's adjusted to their schedule well (breakfast, lunch, nap, snack) and is still happy as can be when we get home. But he's definitely still shy. He'll run around the house talking and yelling and if someone he doesn't know well comes in he just stops. Poor dude.

I also gave him his first mini haircut last weekend. His baby mullet was out of control. It's only slightly better now... but his hair doesn't stick out the sides of his head so much.

He is a walking machine. Also a head-bonking machine. Already been thankful more than once that we put bumpers on the coffee table. He prefers to walk in stores now, usually helping to push the cart. Or rip sale signs off the bottom shelf (sorry, Target!). Also at Target it wasn't super busy and he took off a couple times and thought it was hilarious when I'd chase him. So, that's starting.

We're very ready for warmer weather... he loves being outside. We've had a few days in the 60s, and we went to the park one day. He loved it all. Swinging, sliding, playing basketball. Going to need to invest in some outdoor toys for our tiny bit of yard I think.

So we're now really close to his first birthday. The year has absolutely flown by. I think we're probably not going to do a big birthday party. Does that make me a bad parent? I really didn't have any growing up... occasionally my parents would take me and my friends some place cool like a Wizards game, but I don't feel like I missed out on much. Since he won't remember it anyway... I think I've decided to do his birthday photoshoot the weekend before his birthday, hopefully involving a smash cake. Then the Friday after he turns one he has his doctor's appointment, and I think we're going to try to go somewhere and do something with the three of us... just not sure what yet. Aquarium? Some place he can climb on things? I dunno I dunno...


  • Over 21 pounds
  • Anywhere between 12 and 24 month clothes. A set of 2T pjs are still big but not swimming. Pulled out some hand-me-down 24 month stuff he fits in. Yikes.
  • Eating 3 meals a day, plus snacks. Still getting formula 3-4 times a day for between 15 and 25 ounces. We'll be making the transition to cow's milk (yaaay!) once he turns one.
  • Eats whatever we're eating! I've always been horrible about cooking/having fresh fruits and veggies on hand, so he gets pouches of those because he doesn't seem to like the texture of vegetables... but he loves those pouches. Daycare feeds them really awesome meals as well.
  • Favorite foods are carbs. All the carbs. He knows which cabinets contain his snacks and we can't open one if he's close.
  • Learning more and more cause and effect things. Knows when he hears the garage door it's probably Michael and he'll go see. It's adorable. Says "dada" and "baba" and has started the baby lisp for some things I love it.
  • I'm never going to sleep a straight 8 hours again, am I?
  • One 1.5-2.5 hour nap at daycare. We try to carry that on the weekends too.
  • Loves to dance. Recently started involving his arms like he's trying to fly away. Poor dude has no chance.
  • Loves bathtime. SO MUCH. It's adorable how excited he gets when we're filling up the tub.
  • We have to keep the gate on the stairs now because he likes to think he can climb by himself
  • Loves to clap, blow kisses, is learning to raise his arms for "so big!". Just started putting his hands on the side of his head for "Oh my goodness!"
  • Does well with sippy cups and straw cups. Likes to hold his fork while he eats with his other hand
  • Likes sitting with his legs crossed, and is starting to like sitting in chairs and on couches.
  • So very go go go go. I love it.
  • Loves throwing balls. Or anything. Especially on to hard floors where it makes loud noises.
  • Likes to help load/unload the dishwasher
  • Very much enjoys playing peekaboo around laptops and couches and pretty much anything...
  • Tries really hard to put the shapes in the right holes on his sorter and ladybug, but he's not quite there.
  • Loves stacking things.
  • VERY much loves sitting in his car and pushing all the buttons and putting the ball on the ball track
  • I really need to lower his crib all the way down... 




























You Might Also Like

0 lovely replies